prologue

Third Person's POV

The first day of school, it sure is a nerve-wrecking day, where you meet new people, but also meet old people, your past classmates that will be in the same class as you, it's either the memories of toxicity or happiness that rested upon between you and your classmates, but as people says 'past is past' that's why another school year is another people and trial to face.

A 16-year old female, namely Kanao, talked with her best friend, introduced as Aoi. They are already inside of their classroom with their chosen designated seats, only waiting for their adviser to come in any second.

"Seeing these people makes no difference, I'm a little too-familiar with others here." Aoi stated, pertaining to their 'new classmates', to which Kanao responded with a giggle.

"Well for you they aren't, but for me they are.. It's a little unusual that there's only 7 boys here..." said Kanao.

"Oh well." Aoi sighs, "Too bad I can't be close to Inosuke right now, or else our classmates will know our relationship, gotta keep it as a secret." she pouted after that, Kanao smiled and nodded, she guessed it was a great idea to keep their relationship private, mostly because they are classmates..

Kanao's eyes wandered around their classroom, taking a sight of her classmate's faces as she familiarise them one by one. To one girl to another girl, and boys coming together, knowing how few they are, they must've just become friends that's easily.

One boy caught her attention though, his unique hair color, which has the burgundy color. He was quite friendly as she sees that, and seemed like someone who isn't loud... Genya, Zenitsu and Inosuke are the only boys she's familiar with, so she didn't know that boy's name, yet...

A smug look on Aoi's face was formed, when Kanao turned to look at her, confusion took Kanao over, asking her what's the matter. To which Aoi responded, "Nothing, really."

A little while later, their teacher arrived.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

1 month later...

The seating arrangement was changed once again, but gladly, Kanao is still sitting next to Aoi, much to her relief, since Kanao is still anxious, and have not yet known her classmates very well since she is a so-called 'introvert'.

"For your first performance task, which will be in groups, you will have to create an infomercial in which you give information about the past lessons we had, I wanna see your creativity as you create one. I'll be the one to decide your groups."

The class started gossiping to each other about the performance, as someone who is in class A, it won't be too shocking that each group will be competitively towards each other.

"Dang it, seems like we won't be group mates this time, Kanao. Wishing you luck." Aoi patted her back, Kanao nodded, "It's alright, I'm kinda alright with my group mates." she responded, Aoi smiled.

The sensei tapped the table three times to catch the classes' attention, saying, "Proceed to your groups, and start discussing about your task, I want to see everyone cooperate."

Just as what their sensei tells, the students started going to their groups and began discussing, but before seriousness, there are noise and shouting everywhere.

Aoi scratched her head as she saw that out of the 7 boys in the class, they have 4 in their group, the worst was, the trio was there, namely Tanjirou, Zenitsu and Inosuke himself.