Chapter One

LUNA'S POV

I was in the convenience store getting some meat, vegetables and drinks because mom,...I mean ma'am...forced me to go and get all the items. She said I was good for nothing so I should make myself useful till I die.

That really hurt to hear but I'm used to it so it doesn't effect me as much as it used to. Let me just get the stuff so I can hurry home before she gets mad at me.

I also can't forget to get Kiara some cigarettes or else she'll kill me. And Lily wanted me to get her condoms for her and her boyfriend Blake. Ugh I don't want to but I have to or else I'll be beaten again. And lastly was Taylor who wanted me to get her bear. And tons of it. So I had to.

I had no choice but to put up with them because I was only 17 and I couldn't leave just yet. But guess what!. My birthday is just two days away. All I have to do is wait it out. Then I'll finally be able to get my birth parents inheritance. Yup that's right you heard me. I am adopted. Idk why this family adopted me but they shouldn't have if this was how they were going to treat me. I was adopted at 15 because my parents went missing. When I got home the house looked like it was ransacked and as if there was a fight happening. No one was found, my parents weren't found and bewitched where those who might have hurt them. I didn't see my parents again after that day.

And I always wondered if they were ok and if they were alive. I've been trying to look for leads since then. But I've found nothing. So I could only give up.

After buying everything I needed but having suffered humiliation from the clerk looking at me at the register from the items I was buying I was embarrassed. They weren't even mine but again I was to afraid to say anything so I just hurried and left.

But as I was about to walk out the door the ground shook violently. I quickly tried to grab on to something but I couldn't so I just slid to the ground as best I can and stayed there. It was better then standing while the ground was shaking. And I didn't want to trip.

People all around me from inside and outside were screaming. Kids were crying and people were running around in a frenzy trying to get somewhere say or call for help. I just stayed on the ground near the sliding doors. I pushed myself closer to the wall so I wouldn't get kicked as people ran by. I did get kicked a few times but that's nothing I can't handle based off previous experiences.

[WARNING! WARNING! THE END OF THE WORLD IS COMING! NOW IT IS ON YOUR TO SURVIVE!]

Those words appeared in front of me along with a booming robotic voice in my head. I held my head in pain because it was so loud. I look around and see that lots of people have stopped and was looking in front of them in a daze. It seemed as if all the transparent screens could be seen by others so everyone new everyone had the same thing in front of them along with a voice in their heads.

Suddenly the screens disappeared but something new popped up.

[In two days the world will end. All that you know will be gone. The virus will spread and new races and species of beings and creatures will arise. And to survive you must grow stronger. Good luck humans.]

Everyone was in shock, even me. The world was going to end?. In two days?. That's my birthday. But why did this have to happen?!.

I wanted to cry and scream in anger. The best day of my life was going to come but it was going to be ruined because the world would end then there would be no point.

The ground stopped shaking after 20 mins. I was finally able to walk home but with the fear of what's to come.

~~~ One day later~~~
It was the day after the hole worldly event accrued. When I got home I was beaten for 3 hours and then starved with no food or water for the rest of the day. Only this morning was I given food and water. I wasn't able to shower which disgusted me because I hated being dirty and was kind of a germaphobe.

It was 11:30 and I was currently in the kitchen cooking dinner for the others. I was about to get the milk from the fridge when,...

Suddenly a screen popped up.

[Hello everyone! The world counter has started. 1 day 24 hours & 60 mins]

I was shocked. It's almost time. I had a very strong feeling that something bad would happen. While I was worried everyone else thought the hole thing was a joke. And thought the government was doing this so they didn't care.

I tried to pull myself together and just not think about it. I finished cooking and set the table. I then left the room only after ringing a loud dinner bell to signal that dinner was ready and I was gone. I made my way back to the basement to grab my clothes so I could take a cold shower.

After showering I went back down to the basement and waited for them to finish. Once I heard the dinner bell ring twice I went up and cleaned everything up. Only then was I allowed to get whatever was left over. After I ate and had a little to fill me I went back down to the basement and got ready for bed.

The basement was cold and dark and I only had a small light to help me see. There were also only one window which allowed me to see if it was night or day.

I snuggled into my thin blanket and dozed off.

Tomorrow was my birthday and I was going to be free.