Protologue

"Emily...Emily, there is a test today is a geography test..."
I raised my head and calmly looked at Grayson.
"Yes I know, huh?"
His muscles on the sled tensed and he swallowed, he probably didn't expect me to be so calm, we are usually both stressed before the test.
"Huh? huh? no huh, you have to test me, here's..." he fished out a geography textbook from his bag and suddenly handed it to me. "...try."
I rolled my eyes at him and ripped the textbook out of his hand in disgust.
"And do I have to? The break is about to end." Grayson looked at the watch on his wrist and when he looked back at me he tapped the textbook in front of me with his finger. "We still have three minutes so shoo shoo Em."
I turned to page 93 and started testing him.
"So now I'm going to give you a map and I'm going to read you the states and you're going to point them out and always say something to them." Gray looked at me as if I had turned into a frog with three eyes.

"Meh boy, I don't want to say this out of respect for you, but I will. You're terrible at geography."
He scowled at me and I bared my teeth. "Wow Em, thanks for the support." Grayson said sarcastically while taking his textbook back from my hand. I turned my back to him and prepared my things from my bag for the next lesson. My peace didn't last long when Grayson tapped me on the shoulder. "Otherwise, where is Fraya anyway? She's not coming?" I looked at the empty seat in the next pew and then back at him. "Not today, she had to go to the dermatologist, although I bet 65% of it is because of the geography and math test." I grinned at him, knowing that he didn't even know about math. "Is there a maths test too?! Why don't I know about that?"
"That'll be because you're in class in another dimension sweetie."
He gave me his Grayson look that makes me laugh and he argued. "I'm not in another dimension, I just don't enjoy listening and my mind is elsewhere."
"In other words, you're in another dimension."
"Exactly."
I smiled at Grayson when the bell rang and the geography teacher entered the classroom. I arranged my things on the bench and, like everyone else, stood up to say hello.

I put my head on a pencil case instead of a pillow and just listened.
"Damn, when is it going to end, this lesson is taking forever."
Since writing the test, it just drags on. I raised an eyebrow at my best friend because I'm not wearing a watch. Grayson looked down to check the time and leaned closer to me. "The bell rings in five minutes." He whispered and pointed again. "Emily don't sleep in class, you have to do that at home." The teacher spoke to me when she was standing by my desk. "Sorry, sleep deficit..." She kept contradicting me and Grayson just laughed at it. "So you should have slept at home Emily." She was already starting to annoy me, so I just cut her off. "Then you shouldn't have put so much material on the test." The teacher's gaze tightened and she frowned slightly. "As far as I know, you had three days to study, that's enough." I wanted to roll my eyes so badly. When I looked at the whole class, no one did what they were supposed to, they just watched me argue with the teacher. "As far as I know we have many other items as well." The teacher saw that there was no direction, so she returned to the department and retorted to herself. "If she hadn't been such a good student, I would have kicked that O'Brien out." Grayson and I looked at each other at the same time and started laughing wildly.

"Mom, I'm home..." I slammed the front door and threw my bag off my shoulders. "How was school honey?" Mom was standing behind the stove stirring something in a pot. I pulled out a chair and sat down for the upcoming discussion."Pretty good, so average. You know, I have a theory that the geography teacher doesn't like me very much."
"Do you have facts for your theory?"
Mom raised her eyebrows at me like she always does when we solve my theories, which is quite often. I just shrugged. "She told me."
"That's a pretty good fact." Mom came over and hugged me as she continued to ask questions. "Is everything back to normal with Fraya? Has she returned to normal?" I've had a bit of trouble in paradise with Fraya lately, as they say, and my mom recommended that I talk to her about it.
"In sum"
"That doesn't sound very convincing." She looked at me skeptically and challenged me to tell the truth. I tilted my head back and let out a frustrated sigh. "Everything seems to be fine so far, I just don't want to make hasty conclusions after a week."
"I see...um I have a lot of work to do so I have to get back to the computer, I love you."
"I love you too." I went to my room and took my cell phone out of my bag and found that I had a million messages from Grayson. I sighed and threw myself into the chair. 'Typical' 'What is burning somewhere when so many messages.