One new girl.

(TW: Bullying)

"Alright class, settle down!"

The students went silent, and sat in their chairs.

Mr. Rodney continued. "We have a new student. She's from Arizona."

The class looked at the girl, who was standing next to Mr. Rodney. She covered one of her blue eyes with her brown hair.

"Um..... H-Hi.... My name is.... Mandy," the girl said softly. "It's... nice to meet you...."

"WELL, ITS NOT NICE TO MEET YOU," blurted out a girl in the middle of the classroom. Everyone laughed, except for Mandy and two other students.

"Lily," scolded Mr. Rodney. "Be nice to your new classmate!"

Lily scoffed at the teacher, and swished her blonde ponytail,wooing the boys.

Mr. Rodney sighed. "Please have a seat, Mandy," he said calmly.

Mandy sat down in her chair.

"Psst.."

Mandy looked over. Next to her was a different girl- one of the few who hadn't laughed.

"Hi Mandy. My name is Justice," the girl whispered. "Don't mind Lily. She's always mean to new kids. Trust me, I know. She still doesn't like me, even a year after I came to this school from New Orleans."

"Oh," Mandy whispered back. "So overall, she's a jerk?"

"Yep." Jasmine got a look on her face that you get when you have an idea. "Want to be friends?"

A small smile formed on Mandy's face. "Sure!"