1

Ponyboy was nervous because he had a date tonight. His first date. Sodapop said he'd become interested in girls eventually, but at fifteen he still wasn't much, but they sure seemed to be interested in him.
Plenty of girls have tried to get Ponyboy to go out with them, but it never felt right. With Katie it was different though. She was pretty and sweet, with a soft laugh. She wasn't a greaser girl, but she wasn't a Soc either. She was somewhere in the middle and Ponyboy also liked that.

On his way home from school, Ponyboy decided to stop at the drugstore for a Pepsi, when he spotted Curly Shepard reading a magazine.

"Didn't know you got out of reformatory," Ponyboy commented, coming up beside him.

"Good behavior," Curly smirked. "Let me out early."

"What are you reading?" Ponyboy leaned forward to make it out and his ears turned bright red when he saw that Curly was reading one of the skin magazines.

Curly laughed at his reaction and put the magazine down. "What are you doing tonight? Wanna go to the drive in?"

"Can't." Ponyboy answered. "I have a date."

"No kidding? Who is she?"

Ponyboy couldn't help but grin. "Katie Williams."

Curly let out a low whistle. "That's one good looking broad."

Ponyboy nodded. "She's real pretty."

"She's also talented with her mouth if you get what I'm saying." Curly gives him a nudge in the ribs, but Ponyboy just gave him a blank stare.

Curly shook his head. "Never mind."

Now Ponyboy was even more nervous.

"Can I tell you something?" Ponyboy lowered his voice. "I mean something you can't tell anyone?"

Curly gave a shrug, which was good enough for Ponyboy who gave a quick look around to make sure that nobody was close enough to listen then he leaned closer to Curly and in a whisper said "I never kissed a girl."

It was Curly's turn to have a blank stare. Never kissed a girl? How did Ponyboy Curtis make it fifteen years without ever kissing a girl?

"Well then kiss Katie tonight," Curly said when he got over the shock of his confession.

"I can't," Ponyboy replied, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "She'll know I never kissed anyone before. I don't want to be humiliated."

Curly sighed and grabbed Ponyboy's shirt, pulling him out of the store and into the alley way. "You want me to show you?"

"Show me what?" Ponyboy asked, thoroughly confused.

"How to kiss, stupid." Curly rolled his eyes.

Heat creeped up Ponyboy's neck. "No!" He nearly shouted, then lowered his voice again. "I ain't no queer."

"That doesn't make you queer," Curly rolled his eyes again. "It only makes you queer if you like it." He smirked.

Ponyboy's face was still hot. "Did you learn by kissing another boy?"

"Hell no," Curly responded with a shake of his head. "But I wasn't a pussy." He grinned showing his teeth.

Ponyboy glared at him. He wasn't a pussy either, but truth was he was scared of kissing Katie. He didn't know what to do. Curly was his buddy; it would be easier to learn with him.

"Fine," Ponyboy said hotly. "Teach me."

"Not here," Curly hissed out. "Somewhere private."

"I guess we can go to my house," Ponyboy said. "Both my brothers are working so it should be empty."

It was an awkward walk to the Curtis residence. Neither Curly or Ponyboy muttered a word the whole way there.

Ponyboy felt the way he felt before getting on a big ride on an amusement park.
He was definitely scared but there was also an edge of excitement that he couldn't explain.

When they got to Ponyboy's house, he was relieved to find it empty. Always the polite host, he offered Curly a drink, but he declined so instead he led Curly to his room.

As soon as they were in the room, Curly locked the door, then made his way across the room to where Ponyboy was leaning against the wall, his hands trembling slightly.
"Would you relax?" Curly asked. "It ain't a big deal. Remember when the teacher had you tutoring me in math?"

Ponyboy gave a nod of his head.

"Well, it's not much different than that." Curly told him, which made Ponyboy relax a little bit, but he still looked scared.

"Listen we don't have to do this if you
don't wanna." Curly's voice wasn't unkind or mocking, he was giving Ponyboy an out.
Ponyboy shook his head quickly though.

"No, I want to."

Curly raised an eyebrow at that.

"I mean I don't want to, want to...I just want to learn..." Ponyboy threw up his hands in exasperation. "You know what I mean!"

Curly grinned and stepped closer to the other boy. "You're kind of cute when you get all riled up," Curly teased him.

"Would you knock it off," Ponyboy snapped, his cheeks reddening.

Curly just laughed. "Calm down." He moved even closer. "And close your eyes."

Ponyboy's breathing hitched slightly at Curly's closeness but he complied and shut his eyes.

Curly didn't kiss Ponyboy right way. First, he dragged his lips along his jaw, causing him to shudder. Then his lips pressed against Ponyboy's softly.

Curly kissed a lot of girls and done a lot more with them, but something about this kiss felt much more exciting. Something wasn't only just stirring below his belt, but something stirred deep inside his stomach.

Curly's lips worked against Ponyboy's and tentatively, almost shyly, Ponyboy started to kiss him back.

Curly knew that he should break the kiss. He remembered what he told Ponyboy earlier, about it only being queer if you like it and Curly was feeling pretty queer right about now.

Instead of pulling away though, Curly slid his tongue along the other boys lips, who in turn let out the faintest of moans, which made Curly almost lose all control. Cupping Ponyboy's chin, he coaxed his mouth open and plunged his tongue inside.

Curly knew he was moving fast. He went from subtraction straight into algebra, but Ponyboy didn't push him away. Hesitantly, moving his tongue back against Curly's.

Curly finally broke the kiss, to catch his breath. Ponyboy's stared at him through half lidded eyes. His lips were red and swollen, his cheeks were flushed.

"You're a good tutor." Were the first words out of his mouth.