Chapter 18: Purple Blood

"Titan I should of taken my elixir earlier..."

I limped my way through the back alley behind every building till I reached eda's building. The lack of a elixir is kicking my ass since I put a lot of magic into my little stunt. That man was a complete dud too, had no good intel and lied about owning property making the use of abominations and illusions to create "demons" useless.
God I hate men.

*chirp*

"Yeah just let me get there first before I change Blue. The blood and abomination goo is not gonna get out any time soon," I told Blue who still Carried my jacket on its feet while I walked.

Despite the lack of info, messing with the man was kind of fun till the "monsters" got out of hand. All carefully crafted with abomination goo and covered in illusions, I may have overdone it and may or may not of beat the guy to a bloody pulp. But it's fine, I erased his memory. At least the ones of me.

"Aye give me a lift," I told Blue while grabbing and buttoning up my jacket to hide the goo and bloody-covered shirt.

Slowly making my way up, I sat on my staff and flew to my window. I looked in my room seeing no one and I quickly opened my window and hopped in. Making my way to my duffel bag on the floor of my bed, which only contained potions, I immediately gulped down my elixir as the pain and irritation that was forming subsided.
"Fuck I'm tired..." I laid on the ground while Blue sat on my head until I heard laughter and two voices next door from Luz's room. Confused at first I was about to investigate till I remembered that the blights were here and told Eda I'd be back.

"UGHHHHHH...." I groaned as I got up and took off my jacket and shirt before throwing on my jacket again, buttoned up all the way.

With blue, I made it back down to the streets and reentered through the cafe door. The last customer left before I entered as it was closing time, I guessed by the way Eda, Amelia, Luz, and Amity were cleaning the seats, tables, and floors. I took a deep breath before walking in and put on a cheery mood.
"I'm back!"

"Where the hell have you been? It's been almost two hours," Eda said in a calm yet irritated tone.

"Oh, you know doing... stuff...." I said as I looked away when Eda started to walk up and past me to the table nearby

"You got blood on your face you know," she said as I immediately pulled out my human phone, almost my scroll for a second, and saw the splatter of blood on my face and neck from my reflection off the black screen.

"Shit...." I made my way to the dimly lit back of the house and I started to search for a rag to clean myself with. Without realizing someone came to the back dropping off dishes as I paid no mind. "Where the hell...."

"Here," I turned and saw Amelia holding a rag as I took it. wiping my face as I looked into the small mirror near a small sink as Amelia chose to stay beside me and lean on a nearby countertop.

"You beat him up or fuck him?" I quickly turned my head to her as she seemed serious about her question. "what? did you or did you not?"

"Don't say it like that. Plus You'd think I would fuck a thirty-year-old piece of shit? Come on! you really think that low of me???"

"I mean, you seemed pretty serious back at the cafe so yeah basically," she said with a confused expression as though I was the stupid one talking.

"I just needed his attention on me so he can leave you alone, that's all."

"Why? you care about me?" she scoffed.

"no, I'm taking care of a CO-WORKER and EMPLOYEE of Eda," I said as she rolled her eyes.