Wake up

The world had turned dark. The ground filled with ash, and no sign of plant life. The skies gray with clouds of dust and smoke. In the distance dark clouds gathered with fires blazing. It was a terrifying sight.

Monstrous beasts roamed the ground and sky. Almost dinosaur-like, but a beast type of twist. In the air sea monsters flew as if they were in water. Mosasaurus, plesiosaur, nothosaurus, and other aquatic dinosaurs flying in the sky. On land there were T- rexes, but armored with fur on them. Giant wolves the size of a house running in packs. Their backs lined with metal spikes that went down to their spiky tails. Brontosaurus' stomping about crushing everything in their path. A gentle giant turned to a destructive bulldozer.

There was one that stood above them all. Similar to a gorilla, but scaley and very little fur. A mouth jutting out similar to a wolf with fangs. Ears pointed upwards that looked like fox ears. Eyes glowing a blood orange. Massive hands with long sharp claws at the end. The beast towered above everything else.

I was trying to escape the many beasts. Running for my life as they pursued me. It seemed to be an endless burnt Earth, and darkness for miles. All traces of humans almost all gone; all but destroyed structures made from concrete.

No way out. I turned on my thruster pack. With a hum it ignited shooting out a stream of fire from the bottom. I flew off upwards towards the sky. Maybe I could fly away from it all. The massive gorilla beast lunged its massive hand toward me. It nearly missed with a loud ROAR of anger. It couldn't reach me, but the sky was still full of dangers.

As I flew closer it became apparent they would not let me pass. The floating dinosaurs gathered above where I was aiming. At the last second I flew back down. Even if I could go above them, where would I go? The ground was no better, but fuel doesn't last forever.

Landing back on the ground I wished I could be back in the sky. A pack of massive wolves saw me and sprinted towards me at the speed of a car. Snarling and barking they nipped at one another deciding who got me. The largest of them made it to the front. My stomach sank as I prepared for pain like no other as it would surely snatch me up.

A large hand grabbed me picking me up from behind. The massive beast had grabbed me, except It didn't pick me up very high. Instead it dangled me above the wolf pack like a cruel executioner. They all barked nipping at my feet trying to reach me. I felt a sharp pain in my foot. I fell to the ground.

I woke up shooting upward from my bed! Drenched in sweat and heart pounding. It was... a dream? It felt so real though. Almost too real. I never had dreams like that though. I tried to get out of bed as my mind raced. My tired body was not nearly caught up to my mind, however.

The dream was very concerning because my dreams were always of real events that would later... come true. My dreams told me my future. I never had a dream that didn't come true. I had once dreamt of me being in a car crash. The next day I was in a car crash. I had dreamt of taking my crush out on a date, and that day she asked me out.

So many thoughts and questions raced through My head. I had no idea how much time I had. The dreams always happened within a week. So I had up to a week. Racing down stairs my roomate, or my sister Hannah, had the TV on. It was on the news talking about America's ties with Russia growing weak. I had a dream about that a few days prior. It was no surprise of course.

I quickly told my sister everything that was going to happen. She sat there for a second with a spoon of cereal in her hand.

"That sounds... bizarre." She said confused and unsure how to respond. "Maybe you had a regular dream with no meaning or future stuff. Just a normal human weird dream." She said not seeming concerned at all.

"I've never had a real dream!" I almost shouted. "We have to leave! Or something!" I cried out.

"You... have to chill." She said taking a bite of her cereal and looking back at the TV

I ran out in a hurry. I had to warn Chelsie, or my girlfriend going on almost three months. I had to warn her. Her and my sister were my only family since my father was killed in the war years back when me and Hannah were kids. My mother was sent to prison not long after me and Hannah got a place together.

Chelsie lived just a couple houses down. Almost that "girl next door fairytale" you could say. Her mother was just heading out the door when she smiled at me followed by a "Goodmorning." Chelsie sat at their table in her PJ'S with messy hair. "OH no!" She whined when she saw me. "You shouldn't be seeing me like this!"

"I promise it's the least of your worries right now." I cried out explaining all that happened. She was still on the fence of my dream power, buy I felt she had been coming around. Until that day that is. "You have to believe me! We need to leave here somehow!" I roared trying to get her to believe me.

"I think you're just... paranoid." She calmly said clearly weirded out. "It was just a dream. Okay!"

"You need to believe me that it wasn't! We gotta get far away from here!"

"I think you should go back to bed. You're kinda scaring me." She said before starting to escort me out.

As we walked to the door the Earth shook followed with a distant "BOOM!" Chelsie looked at me with concern. We both ran outside. In the distance we could see a mushroom cloud. A bomb? Where did it come from? Why were we not warned?

People ran through the streets screaming in terror. The sirens from all electronic devices kicked in for an Erie terrifying mood. You could see the Shockwave moving closer kicking up dust. Chelsie tugged at my arm for us to go inside. I stood there. Stood staring at the cloud of smoke and fire. I squinted to look closer. It was a... my eyes widened. It was that giant beast. Coming out of the clouds.

My dream was true. I dreamt my own death.