short story ,takes place in 1st chapter

The sweet melodies of soft classical music filled the air around her.The ballroom dimly lit by candles on the crystal chandeliers. Where could he be ? She thought to herself as she scanned the ballroom. The he she was referring to was prince Drystan Lysander , his family was infamous for being devious and greedy, plotting against other Kingdoms.Maybe, she thought,he's that man In the white,or maybe the black? Her thoughts consumed her , she didn't hear the footsteps slowly drawing closer. She flinched when she felt a light tap on her shoulder, as she slowly turned she saw a young man. His hair was jet black, he was wearing a deep red suit and a white mask covering some of his face. "Care to dance?", he whispered, as he stretched out one of his gloved hands. She timidly took it as they started to glide to the center of the ballroom. A waltz started quietly playing, as they started to dance. A couple seconds of silence passed before Eldora spoke."Why are you wearing  a mask?" She inquired."Something to hide?"."You could say that." He replied. "I'm afraid some would be rather disturbed with my attendance tonight." The waltz's beat picked up , the two quickened there pace, as the orchestra soulfully played it's enchanting melody. "Or maybe, you're just ugly ,and that's why you wish to hide your face", she remarked. The young man's mouth spread into a smug smile,"If that's what you want to believe, by all means ,deceive yourself." , "By the way",he continued," Your dancing is remarkably awful, it's rather painful to watch, let alone dance with." Eldora's frown slowly twisted into a playful smile as the orchestra swelled. She "accidentally" stomped on one of his feet , causing him to wince. "Maybe your right", she laughed,"I must be an awfully horrid dancer , after all how could I ever be so clumsy if I wasn't?"The man stayed quiet , his icy grey eyes narrowing. A couple more agonizing moments passed before the orchestras soft melody slowed to a stop. Eldora quickly turned away, determined not to be near him a moment longer. Before she could make her escape the man gently reached for her hand. "It was a pleasure meeting you , and was a wonderful honor to dance with you , your highness" , he softly spoke, almost gleefully as he bent and kissed her hand . She payed no heed as she strode towards the only familiar, comforting face she could spot , Cassian. His expression was unreadable, his hazel eyes carrying a certain blankness. "What's wrong?"Eldora enquired. "Eldora", he responded, " Do you know whom you just danced with?" ,"No?" Was her slow, reluctant reply. " Prince Drystan of Khisfire" he stated in a mocking tone. Eldora's expression turned sour. "You mean from that greedy , power hungry family?" She answered, unimpressed and annoyed. "Correct." He affirmed. "Well!" She beamed , with no trace of the sour expression left behind on her smiling face. "I'm so glad I stomped on his foot then !"  "Don't worry"she continued, "I did it discreetly",she said as she saw a worried look  appear on his face. Cassian sighed , but slowly started to chuckle. "Whatever am I going to do with you?" ,"You just might become like your brothers." He said in a joking manner. "Look over there." he chuckled. Eldora turned her head to the direction he was referring to. There he was Prince Drystan of the mighty Khisfire, limping ever so slightly. Eldora let out an amused laugh, as did Cassian. This was the first time she'd been truly happy in months. A happiness she wanted to make last forever before it would be stolen away before her very eyes again.