𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢: 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 :𝟏𝟕

♪♫❝ ᴾᵘˡˡ ᵐᵉ ᵒᵘᵗ, ᵖᵘˡˡ, ᵖᵘˡˡ ᵐᵉ ᵒᵘᵗ
ᴼᶠ ᵈᵉᵉᵖ ʷᵃᵗᵉʳ ⁽ᵈᵉᵉᵖ ʷᵃᵗᵉʳ⁾
ᴵ'ᵐ ᶜᵃˡˡⁱⁿᵍ, ᴵ'ᵐ ᶜᵃˡˡⁱⁿᵍ ᵒᵘᵗ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᵈᵉᵉᵖ ʷᵃᵗᵉʳ
ᴰᵒʷⁿ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ʷⁱʳᵉ, ⁱⁿ ᵒᵛᵉʳ ᵐʸ ʰᵉᵃᵈ
ᴹʸ ˡᵘⁿᵍˢ ᵃʳᵉ ᵗⁱʳᵉᵈ ᵇᵘᵗ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ ʸᵉᵗ
ᴾᵘˡˡ ᵐᵉ ᵒᵘᵗ, ᵖᵘˡˡ, ᵖᵘˡˡ ᵐᵉ ᵒᵘᵗ
ᴼᶠ ᵈᵉᵉᵖ ʷᵃᵗᵉʳ ❞♪♫
— 𝙳𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚆𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 ʙʏ 𝙽𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚒

˖⁺‧₊˚⚜️🎭⚜️˚₊‧⁺˖

𝐻𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 his skin numb against the cold touch of his surroundings—he found himself with no coat, gloves, or earmuffs to give him warmth.

The boy heard no noise or signs of life except for his own chattering teeth, shivering body, the fog that blocked bits of his view, and warm nose, cheeks, and ears. Hunter looked down to find the hands that reminded him of his failures—the scars he deserved, scattered around his fingers and palms.

The blonde soon realized that he was standing atop thin ice that could shatter at any moment. And worst of all, he had nothing to help him out of this conundrum, so he chose to shuffle his way out of his current situation. However, the thin ice broke when he took his first shuffle, and Hunter's body fell into the freezing water beneath him.

He didn't know why, but his body wouldn't allow him to swim to the top. The boy's body would only let him stay immobile—the water hurt and blurred his eyes; his ears rang, and the stinging water began to enter his airway. There was no light, no voice to call his name, no hand to save him, nothing to help him up to the surface.

Hunter gasped as he jolted from his bed in a cold sweat. The boy looked around to find himself in his room. If he weren't breathing heavily, he would've sighed in relief. Little Rascal, who slept beside his pillow, opened his eyes and curled against the blonde as he let out a comforting chirp.

Usually, Hunter would've swatted the palisman away if it dared to get near him, but because the boy was confused about whatever he witnessed, he petted the bird as he tried his best to catch his breath.

Why did disorder seem to favor him more recently?

─── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───
˖⁺‧₊˚⚜️🎭♛⚜️˚₊‧⁺˖

"Goldilocks? Goldilocks?... Hunter?" Annika called out to the blonde, whose attention seemed occupied with whatever the carriage window displayed on his side.

"Golden Suck-up?" She tried, but when the boy wouldn't reply, the girl took it upon herself to punch him in the arm.

"Ow! What the heck was that for?" Hunter groaned as he rubbed his now sore arm.

"You weren't paying attention," she simply replied.

"That's not a reason to punch somebody."

"What's up?" Annika questioned with a raised brow.

Hunter's brows furrowed. "What?"

"You have that certain look on your face."

"Oh yeah? What look?" He challenged.

"I don't know, but it's definitely not one of your boring normal faces," Annika mocked before her face turned serious. "So what's going on? Are you okay?"

"Nothing's wrong!" He snapped. "I'm fine, thanks."

The girl didn't believe him but didn't want to push it, so she sighed. "Okay, but just know you can talk to me about it if you wanna."