of trauma and trials

Gillion was sure no one had ever touched him as gently as Chip had done.
How he carefully wrapped his deep wounds in healing oils and bandages. "You should've become a healer", he mumbled and when Chip looked up and a few locks of hair fell into his face, Gill had to force himself not to reach out and carefully push it back behind his ear.

"I'm not any good at it, I just wanted to make sure it didn't get infected", the brunette mumbled, still feeling guilty for bringing everyone he loved into the black sea.
"I'd say you're doing pretty well", Gill replied and watched as Chip wrapped his thigh in bandages as well. "Of course you would say that", he mumbled with a slight smile, "Gillion Tidestrider, Champion of the Undersea, Hero of the Deep, encourager of the untalented"
"I think you're very talented", Gill replied, "It should be encourager of the talented"

Chip pulled the bandage a little tighter to close the gash the last monster had left on Gill, before quickly wrapping the rest of the roll around his leg. He let out a huff.
"If you say so" "Chip.", barely a second after Chips head snapped up Gill reached for both of his cheeks, looked at him intently, "I don't just say so. I know so. And I know I'm not always the smartest on board, but I wholeheartedly believe that you're talented. Not just with this, but in so many more things. You maybe can't see it now, maybe can't see it tomorrow, but I want you to try. Because I see it clear as day. Clear as the ocean on a calm summer morning."

Chips lips parted in surprise and he slowly looked Gill up and down, gaze very shortly stopping at Gillions lips before meeting his eyes again. Then he pressed his lips together and looked down.
"I think you might just be the kindest person I've ever had the fortune meeting", he replied and reached for the wash cloth next to him, wiping more blood off skin.

This time it was Gillions chest.
Right in his ribs and he hissed when Chips hand ever so gently cleaned the wound.
"I'm sorry", the brunette mumbled, but Gill shook his head. "Don't worry, I can take it"
Chip sighed softly, as he placed the cloth back in the little bowl, in which the water had turned a brownish-red.
Next he took a vile of oil and carefully he poured it over the wound, made sure to keep a little to spread on the edges of the open wound with his bare fingertips.

Gill breathed heavily and Chip gently whispered: "Almost over, you're doing so well. I'll be quick."
Gillion gridded his teeth, pressed his lips together shortly after and let out a deep growl to compensate for the pain.
Chip shivered, blushed as he reached for the band aids and the next roll of bandages.
Then he rolled up a blanket and held it up to Gillion. "Bite down on it", he said and Gill did, even if a little confused.

All until Chip carefully started patching the wound up, so it could heal properly.
He pulled the skin back together and secured it with the band aids, before quickly wrapping a tight bandage around.
Gill bit down tightly, shouting obscenities muffled by the blanket. His breath was shaking and he was sure he deserved the long, warm hug Chip gave him after the torture was over.

"I think that was all of them.", he said and gently ran his fingers through Gills hair, "You shouldn't sleep in water for a few days, just rest here in my bed. I'll keep a look out anyway, so I won't use it"
"You have to sleep, Chip", Gill said softly, but Chip shook his head. "No, I'll stay up. I brought you all here, that's the least I can do to make up for that mistake", he said, "And my trauma is catching up to me anyway, this place gives me nightmares and I don't get a good nights rest anyway"

Gill held him a little tighter.
"We knew what we were getting into. Don't worry, no one wants you to feel bad for it", he whispered, "How about we both sleep here tonight and I'll keep you safe from nightmares?"
Chip laughed, but it wasn't happy, it was more defeated. "You know it's not that easy"
"It's worth a try. I don't want you to almost die to exhaustion like I did", Gill pleaded and pulled Chip onto his lap, fully enveloping him with his arms.