Extras

So sorry it took so long folks!!

Enjoyyyyyy

**

Meeting him

When I was the mere age of ten, my stepmother and I were at each other's heads nearly all day. Having no friends in school I struggled to be social whether it was with other kids or with my family. Rafe, my older brother, was 13 years old and had begun his journey through puberty. He was in his 'I don't give a fuck about my sisters anymore' phase. Sarah, being the social butterfly she is, was surrounded by her friends (the other rich snobs at our school) and she didn't care anymore. Wheezie was too young to even talk too, and my dad was always busy with work.

After storming out of the house filled with rage, I did what any ten-year-old would do. I went to the beach. The calmness of the breeze and crashing waves made me peaceful. Beside there was no one ever really at the beach in winter. 

I sit down on the soft and slightly damp sand and begin digging a pointless hole, throwing the sand to the side of me. I was angry, enraged even. How dare Rose look me in the eyes and tell me that what I was supposed to do.

She isn't even my real mum.

I don't want her here. I want my dad, my own freedom and friends. I hate my school, I hate my family and I hate my life. I just want to disappear. Somewhere no one can find me. Somewhere that I can finally be myself instead of a rich snobby prick.

I let out a long sigh, glaring at the sand with tears in my eyes when a ball hits me in the leg.

"Ow!" I yelp, looking up from the sand to see two boys looking at me with grimaces on their faces.

"JJ! Why did you kick it over there!" A boy with long, dirty brown hair hisses to the other boy.

"I didn't mean too!" JJ says, looking at me with a sorry look.

"Hey!" I yell, standing up with the ball in my hand and a glare on my face. "A sorry would be nice!" I snap, stalking over to the boys.

"Uh... sorry." The brunette says, holding his hand out for the ball.

I cock my head to the side at the boys, waiting for them to actually say a heartfelt apology.

"Is that it?" I ask.

"Um, yeah?" The blonde says.

"Can we have our ball back. Please?" The brunette asks.

"No!" I yell, my glare growing more intense by the second.

"Why not?" The blonde asks.

"Because you need to actually apologize." I say. " 'Sorry' isn't gonna cut it." I say, folding my arms across my chest.

"What, but it's our ball! You can't just-" I cut JJ off as he begins to yell at me.

"Your ball, hit me on the leg." I state, acting all high and mighty.

"Oh. I get it." JJ scoffs. "You're a kook." He states.

"What? I'm not a kook!" I yell.

"Hey Jade!" The malicious voice of Topper said. I hate Topper. He's a stupid boy in my school who never gives me a break for not fitting in. "I didn't know you were slumming it with pogues now." He laughs, walking down the beach with his little group of friends. Including my brother.

"Shut up, Topper." I glare, all confidence leaving me the second I hear his voice. 

"Oh! She can speak!" He laughs, glaring between the two boys and me. "These your boyfriends?" He laughs, his friends and my brother joining in.