Prologue

"Soph come on let's go!"

"Henry shut up for one minute! I need to grab my stuff."

"I've been waiting for like hours!"

"Well, you can wait a little longer!"

We've just finished dinner when my younger brother rushes to his room to grab his skates and stick. Playing out on the ODR after dinner is a tradition that runs deep in my family. Our house has been owned by many Dubois' in the past. It's a family heirloom per se. 

I dash to my room to grab my skates and stick, them along with our bag of pucks. My other brother, dad, and mom are already out on the pond waiting for me to show up. As I place my hand on the doorknob, the door opens itself. Nope. Not by itself. The open door reveals my best friend.

"Come on Soph, we've been waiting for like an hour!"

Confused I reply, "Uhh. What are you doing here? This is family time."

"What are you talking about? I pretty much am family. Your parents love me! Now get your fine piece of ass outside."

"Jesus. Fine."

I remember that night. That was the night I was given the worst news of my life. My best friend was moving away. Not only was he moving, but he was moving the fucking Ohio. Who wakes up and chooses to move to Ohio? That was seven years ago and I haven't seen him since. 

--------------------------------------------------

NOTE!

I will not be publishing the actual first chapter for a long time. I am publishing the prologue to get the story out there and hopefully generate readers.

I hope you stick with the story and bare with me as I slowly publish chapters!

(This A/N will be deleted as I write further into the story)

~A. Writer