six.

Breathing ceased to exist, as Caspian ran away from the city on the island

Breathing ceased to exist, as Caspian ran away from the city on the island. It took a while, but he had managed to lose the slave traders and was now on his way back to the ship.

He had to get there quickly if he wanted to save them -- if he wanted to save Edmund. He knew he should be scared for all of them, but, for some reason, Edmund had crept to the front of his mind and was his main priority.

Worry seemed to consume him as he ran. What ifs ran through his mind, making him feel as though he were losing his mind. He needed to get to the boat, for his sake and Edmund's.

Finally, Caspian reached the ship. He shouted for Reepicheep and the Captain. He saw them coming and ran towards them, panting rabidly.

"It's the others," Caspian bawled. "They've been captured by slave traders!"

Their eyes widened -- both exchanged looks and sighed.

"Caspian," the Captain began, "we should probably wait before sending a search party. It's too dark to try to get them."

Caspian scowled. They couldn't just do nothing! He was sent here to get help, and he needed to do his duty. "But they could be in danger," he exclaimed.

"Which means we shouldn't add us to that danger, sir," the Captain said calmly. "We need a good plan to help get them back -- not a reckless one."

"I don't like this," Caspian said, almost yelling. "They could be in danger! What don't you understand about the urgency of their situation?"

"Caspian, you should calm down," Reepicheep advised. "Us fighting won't solve anything. I agree with the Captain that your plan is reckless and could get us in danger. We must wait until tomorrow, sire."

Caspian scoffed, looked at the two of them, saw that he wouldn't be able to change their minds, and stormed off. What weren't they understanding? He needed to save Edmund and get him somewhere safe.

He laid down on his bunk but couldn't sleep. He had too much adrenaline, and he was worrying too much.

Why couldn't he do anything right?

Edmund should've been here with him. Safe. They all should've been with him on the ship safe.

Caspian sighed. As much as he hated to admit it -- a perk of being stubborn -- they were right. He was being reckless. If he wanted Edmund back safe, then he should be careful and rested so he can do his best to save him.

•••

Edmund only felt one feeling and it was that he was cold. He was in a damp, dark cell and it was very cold. He was also alone -- at least he thought he was, he couldn't really see if anyone else was with him because it was so dark.