Chapter 1

It was a night I would never want to remember.. Pero paulit-ulit ko lang napapaginipan. How can I fucking sleep? Paano ko ba ipagpapatuloy lahat?

Kung pagod na pagod na ako?

"Alex"

"I'm up! I'm-- tsk. It's just you Shiela." I just placed my head back on my desk and yawn.

"Ano ba Lex? Dito ka nanaman natulog? Gosh! Don't you have a home to go home too?" Home, huh.

"Fucking leave me alone." I muttered and earn a nice hard hit on my head.

"Ow!"

"I heard that! Now get up. Maligo ka nga at magpalit! Nakakadiri ka. Dalawang araw mo nang suot yan!"

"I don't stink so what's the point?" I sat up and open my laptop and printed some files.

"Get this signed by Carlos and give it back to me. I'll get them approve to our so called 'boss'" Shiela scowl and prop a hand on her hip as she stared at the papers in her hand. She sighed loudly on purposed while inserting the files in her pink folder.

"What? So you'll return babysitting him again, huh? Kelan ka ba ulit nagpahinga ha? And the neat freak you are didn't even bother to bathe? What's going on really?" Knowing Shiela she is talking like this out of worry. She knew how I handle things.. and knew when something's up.

"Kaya mo pa ba? Baka maulit nanaman na--"

"Shel.. I'm fine. Really. Natambakan lang ako ng trabaho." She stroke my messed up hair and kissed my cheek. Shiela.. She's not my girlfriend if you're thinking that way. She's actually my bestfriend. Before she confessed that she had feelings for me but I honestly turn her down and rather than be distant, we became closer and our friendship became stronger. She became my bestest friend and knows everthing about me.

"Siguraduhin mo lang. I'll go fix this and you go take a shower"

"Now where will I do that, perhaps?"

She lifted a brow and hit my head again.

"Ow! Stop that!" She laughed at my misery and struted away saying..

"Go home and I'll take this to you later."

I watch her back disappear and I sighed, rubbing my temple as I winced in pain. Na parang pinupukpok yung ulo ko ng matirlyo. Fucking hurts. Wondering why I speak like this? Half-European kasi ako. Though I grew up in New York. I left the states when I turn 18 and here I am in the Philippines. A middle-aged man working so hard for nothing.

Kung tutuusin, hindi ko na kailangan magtrabaho. I inherited loads of cash from my grandparents. That I didn't even touched. I just felt I need to do something. Anything. Para malibang. Para hindi makatulog.. Pampalipas.. ng mga panahong ayaw kong balikan.

I got in my car and drove to my condo building. I got to the third floor and got in my room. Not too small and just the right amount of space para sa akin. Ako lang naman ang nakatira dito. Sometimes Shiela would sleep over and turn my guestroom into a pink room that I need to kick her out to avoid the pink virus from spreading. Though I couldn't do that to her. Magkalapit bahay kasi kami. She lives in the 2nd floor in a huge condominium. Malaki kasi nakatira dun pati pamilya nya. Maliit pa nga yun sa kanilang lahat. That's why she sleeps over most of the times. Abuso nga lang sa kabaitan ko.

I took a 3 hour bath. Okay. Fine. Matagal na kung matagal but that's me. I always intend to relax in the tub. Bumili pa nga ko ng mini jacuzzi that luckily fitted in my bathroom. Another thing that kept Shiela from coming over.