Take It or Leave It

This was it. Camila was officially a freshman in college.

Nothing in the world could have prepared her for this new experience. Although she was introduced to the "college life" during her two day stay at orientation over the summer, she was still feeling nervous about the whole thing.

Orientation was filled with ice breakers and tours of the campus, but despite this she still felt incredibly lost and incredibly alone.

In her defense she was very far from being popular her last two years of High school, having been the new transfer student. It sucked having to leave behind all of her friends from her previous school – although they all did their best to keep in touch despite the distance. The move did give her a new best friend named Dinah, who had stuck it out with her those dreadful two years.

 Camila and Dinah had grown close her Junior year, after Dinah forced her into a conversation about Sour Patch Kids. It would have been perfect if Dinah wasn't missing a few credits and, in return, had not been allowed to graduate on time. This meant that Camila had to partake in all of the Senior trips and activities alone.

Camila tried not to complain about it too much, because she felt like it made her more comfortable in being alone with herself. She couldn't deny that it did suck having to eat lunch all by herself, though. Although most of her lunch periods were spent in the library.

So, here she was, her first day as a College Freshman. Lonely and somewhat lost.

Her first two classes had gone by without a hitch and she had a two hour break before her last class – definitely not her best decision when she was making her schedule. Camila had spent the first hour looking for the building in which her last class was located and was now left with another hour to spare before she had to be in said class.

She found that this would be the best time to actually explore the campus and all that it had to offer. One of the perks about having spent so much time alone is that she learned how to take in her surroundings and that people watching was something she truly enjoyed.

 After aimlessly wandering around the large campus for the past half hour, Camila decides to sit on a bench in the center of the campus. The weather is hot and she is in need of some shade. When she reaches the bench she notices that the only available seat is in the sun, that or she could sit extremely close to the scowling older lady on the bench – Camila finds that she didn't really want to sit on the bench anyways. Who needs benches?

After determining that the bench is out of the question she pulls her iPhone out of her pocket and quickly checks the time.

1:37.

Seeing as Camila doesn't need to be in class till two and she really does not want to walk anymore, she awkwardly stands in the middle of the sidewalk, thinking out her next move. It isn't until she sees a girl fall off her longboard – which nearly takes out a middle aged woman casually standing near her – that Camila decides to sit in the grass directly in front of the bench.

It is a shady area, which is what initially attracts her to that spot. As she is walking, Camila spots something black on the floor, something that resembles an iPhone. Becoming paranoid, Camila quickly checks her pockets to insure that she did not drop her own phone, but only feels stupid after she realizes that she was holding said phone in her hands still.

Camila remains in her spot near the phone and quickly glances around for any distraught students. (God only knows that she would be losing her mind if she had lost her own phone.) She sees the same lady who almost got taken out by the girl and her longboard, still standing in the middle of the sidewalk despite her near death experience. Camila sees the scowling lady who occupies the bench still and a boy near her, who is tapping away on his own phone. No one around her looks to be freaking out, or without a phone.