𝐹𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥- 𝐼 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠

The date had ended an hour or two after their conversation, and it was filled with awkward silences and pauses like they had all been doing since then.

Steve had offered to take Heidi home and come back for Robin- but, she refused the offer and stuck with her bike.
Even though it was typical date etiquette to stay alongside the person you were seeing, Steve still always prioritised his best friend- especially at night time in Hawkins.

It had been a few days since, and the two of them were hunched in a secluded corner of Mike Wheeler's basement, supervising the others' mingling and keeping to themselves for the most part.

Max and Lucas were debating over something; the others egging them onwards and taking sides as the conversation continued.
Robin chuckled. In the past, something like that would've been the start of another break-up-like scenario- but, it had been different since what had happened to them.
They didn't seem to part for stupid reasons anymore.

It was nice to watch them get along again... well, to an extent.

"Do you even know what they're arguing about?" Steve decided to tilt himself towards Robin's earshot, pushing his crossed arm into the side of her as gesture.

Robin blinked, widening her eyes and slowly shaking her head.
"Errrr," she pondered, dropping her bottom lip, "absolutely not."

"They've all lost it."

"Yeah, probably."

As the interaction came to a close, they started to focus on the group again, still side-by-side slouched on the blanket-covered couch. They peered onto Dustin, Mike, and Will, and then laughed to themselves.

Buckley made the choice to continue talking as they observed.
"So," she asked, tilting her head towards him again, "you see any more of Heidi the other day?"

Steve huffed, tightening the cross in his arms.
"Yeah, we went back to mine for a bit."

"Talk about anything interesting?"

He paused for a moment, biting the inside of his cheek.
"Well, uh- there wasn't much talking-"

"Oh- gross, Steve-"

"You asked!"

"Not about that!" The woman grimaced, shoving her friend in the shoulder.

"What?- I'd listen to you about that stuff! It's called being supportive, Robin-"

"It absolutely is not. I don't want to know."

"Fine- fine- but, just so you know, when you're running to me for advice on women when it's your time- then I shall not be listening."

She grimaced again.
"I will not be needing your help, thanks. Plus, I quite literally know more about women than you do... anyway- I do not and will not want your advice. Ever. Not about that."

"Cause you know everything?" He jeered, trying his best not to form a mocking smirk.

"No- but because I will not ever be doing such things."

"Sure."

"I mean it."

"Alright."

The two quickly returned to their observant status, watching the group in their friendly argument and trying their best to figure out which side to take.

They were all still mid-squabble, rambling about god-knows-what- however, there was one member who had hushed quite a bit since the beginning.

Even though he wasn't really speaking beforehand, Will had seemed to quieten even more, cowering in the corner as if he didn't know any of the people in the room at all. It was an odd thing to watch; a teenage boy thoroughly surrounded by friends but existing as if they had never even acknowledged him, not even in his childhood.

Robin blinked, sinking deeper into the couch. She thought about how hard it must've been for him; having to leave for California after fading into a ghost and then coming back completely invisible. It reminded her of her own life in Hawkins.

She and Steve continued to watch a specified person- Robin, Will- Steve, someone else.
Up until Will peered over.

His face was dull.
It was quite obvious to Buckley that he was thinking about their previous talk of getting him reinstated with the party, even though he was currently standing perfectly among them.

He caught Robin's eye for another quick moment before turning his head towards the discarded D&D box on the table in the other corner.

She was correct, and with the news, tilted her chin down, hoping that Will would notice it as an in-disguise nod.

A gentle shift was made to her position and Byers turned away also, accepting that she had gotten the message.