~Prolouge~

A large lioness pushed through the harsh winds of the storm, her paws aching from broken sticks and thorns digging into them.

"Kesari, I can't keep up much longer.." she looked to the Lion next to her, who tried shielding her and the cub she held from flying twigs and such.

"The Tree of Life isn't much farther, Kefira, don't worry.." the lion nuzzled her before pushing through the winds again.

Soon, they were met with the wise, old monkey who had taken in cubs, and gave them to families who had wanted them.

"Tumbili," Kesari said in relief. Tumbili, the monkey, ran to them, "What are you doing? You will get yourselves hurt in this weather you know!" He placed his hand on Kesari's head.

Kesari moved his head, revealing the cub that Kefira held safely in her jaws.

"A son? But you do not have a pride?" Tumbili asked.

"This is Kaan. We can't have him with us on our journeys, Tumbili. It's dangerous to have a cub out in the stretch. Cacklers could attack him, or worse." Kesari sighed, "You raised me well, and I'd have no other monkey raise him until a king adopts him."

"Are you certain?" Tumbili looked to his eyes. Kesari nodded, faltering. Tumbili looked to Kefira, "And you, Kefira?"

"I wish I could say no.." She whispered, gently setting down her cub, licking the top of his head.

Tumbili faltered, "I will raise him as my own."

"Asante, Tumbili. Thank you." Kefira closed her eyes, nuzzling her son one last time. Tumbili looked to Kesari, who nuzzled his son, "We'll come back for you, one day, son.. we'll find you.."

The young cub looked up at his father, purring quietly before Tumbili scooped him up in his arms.

Tumbili walked to the Tree of Life, "You will be okay, Kaan." He walked over to where a few cubs laid asleep inside of a tree, setting him with them, "Sleep."

Kaan slowly slid down, glancing at the other cubs before falling asleep.

Tumbili looked to the storm, "Be safe, Kesari and Kefira." He mumbled before pulling himself into the tree. Kefira pushed her head into Kesari's mane, shutting her eyes tightly.

"He will be safe there.." Kesari whispered, "Come on, we need shelter,"

She lifted her head, and they walked away.

It's short but yayyyyyy I finally started it