09.ㅤKun (1)

If Hyunjoo used to think that the world is within her grasp, Heeseung definitely destroyed her fantasy

If Hyunjoo used to think that the world is within her grasp, Heeseung definitely destroyed her fantasy. There is not a night that she didn't dream running for her life, chased down by the purple veiled murderers, or the memories of her horrible past.

Sweat breaks down on her body as she regains consciousness, instantly sitting up from her bed where she had been all along. Hyunjoo gasped for air, as if she's been holding it for a long time now.

"Fucking God." She breathes out in disbelief, hand coming to her neck as the sudden wave of air overwhelms her still shaken state. Her dream felt so realistic, torturous it was. Did Giyoon's soul really just threatened in her sleeping hours? Hyunjoo was baffled.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

And just like it was a plan by fate, Hyunjoo heard someone knocking faintly from the door of her unit. Standing up, she gulped nervously before taking slow steps towards the door. That dream of hers was really getting into her head, it was evident by the way she trembled whilst her hand reaches for the doorknob which kept twisting and twisting unsuccessfully.

The person from the other side was trying to see if the door was unlocked already, even after constantly knocking loudly just mere seconds ago. The sound sent shivers down to Hyunjoo's spine, especially startled when the second wave of loud knocks come thudding down. What if it's Giyoon who rose from the dead, only to haunt her alive?

Hyunjoo's mind was so preoccupied with the horrors of the deceased colleague that she almost forgot to check the small security monitor beside her which clearly exposed who was in the other side of the door.

It was Brianne Raja, the reserved black girl that Marie likes picking on. And when Hyunjoo realized that, she wasted no more time in opening the door for the girl.

"Hey... Are you Hana's friend?" Brianne acted as if it was their first-time meeting, even going as far as narrowing her eyes at Hyunjoo. Thankfully, the latter picked up quickly.

"Hana? If you're talking about the general's daughter then yes, I am her friend. What brings you here?- uhm..." Hyunjoo trailed off, pretending to be clueless of Brianne's name. In the back of her mind, she was smirking, loving how this small impromptu acting is going.

If a BYSSALS member was watching them right now, they will surely have no idea that the two already know each other.

"Brianne, just call me Anne for short." They shook hands.

"And to answer your question, Hana wanted to see you and introduce you to our other friends." But just as she was speaking, Brianne cracked her knuckle.