He's Not the Enemy

Harry sat on the window of the astronomy tower in the middle of the night , physically alone but his mind was quite loud at the moment . His legs dangling from the window frame , cold wind hitting his face , messing with his dark brown hair .

The war ended but he still couldn't find himself a peace of mind . Deep inside , he was still a kid who lost his childhood to abuse at the Dudleys and the never-ending threat from Voldemort . He might be the boy who lived , but he hoped he died on the same night to reunite with his parents .

His mind wasn't on the right track , voices in his head telling him to jump down from the window and end his life . He was shifting in his seat , nearly pushing himself down but a pair of skinny arms managed to pull him back up just before he succumbed to the impulsive thought in his brain . Both of them fell backwards , landing on their ass on the concrete floor .

"Are you insane , Potter ?! What could've happened if I didn't come up here to check up on you ?!"

Harry turned around in shock , witnessing no other than Draco instead of his friends . The ex-death eater sunk down to his knees , his face buried in his palms as he breathed heavily . "What are you doing here so late ?" Harry simply asked , concerned but unable to think straight .

"I should be asking you that . What in the Salazar's grave you were thinking that you wanted to kill yourself after almost sacrificing your life in the damned war ?!" The Slytherin sounded angry but deep down his voice was laced with pain . He was boring a hole into Harry's face .

Harry sighed , trying to find the correct words to say . He's not your enemy . His eyes rapidly moved around avoiding Draco's sharp gaze . Another broken sigh escaped his lips , "I don't know . I just- I'm going insane . I feel bad for everyone in the wizarding world . Firstly Cedric , then there's Fred , Sirius and-" He leaned back against the wall , messing up his hair with his fingers , folding his knees and hiding his falling tears there .

Choked sobs emitted from him . He bet that he looked so pathetic that Draco might laugh at him on the spot but that didn't happen . Instead , he felt someone hugging him , and it was no other than Draco himself . He looked up with tears filling his eyes , the silver-haired bloke caressed his shoulder blade softly .

"Their death is not your fault , Harry ."

How unfamiliar it was to hear his bully calling his first name after years . He wasn't an enemy after all . He was just a kid living under a predetermined life by Lucius Malfoy . Draco was kneeling between his legs , arms wrapping around him , his head resting on Harry's broad shoulder . The Gryffindor shakily brought up his hands behind his back , mirroring his action and finally finding peace .

In the arms of that same person who bullied him .

Both of them stilled for some time , as the moonlight shone over them . They parted from each other painfully slow , locking their eyes together . The grey orbs spoke of thousands of emotions ; love , longing , passion , and concern .

"I've been wanting to tell you that I don't despise you , Harry . I hated my father because he compared me to you all the time for years and now he was sent to Azkaban . I don't know how to feel about that . But I would still thank you for saving us who gets to continue living ."

Harry stared at him the whole time Draco was speaking to him . "Malfoy , I.. I never once hated you for real . I just get annoyed constantly , but I never use the word hate on you . It's such a strong word . I don't feel any hate for you but I would say that.. I was into you ," he spoke in a low voice , as if he was afraid people would be eavesdropping on them .

Draco's eyes widened slightly and his breath hitched to a pause before he let out a sigh , remembering how to breathe properly . "It was back in third year . The year where you were scratched by Buckbeak ." Harry chuckled before he continued , "The same year you started dating Pansy ." Awkwardness lingered in the air as they avoided each other's gaze .

"I wasn't dating Pansy ."

Draco's answer shocked Harry once again .

"I hang around with her and Blaise because , they were the only ones who knew about my sexuality . Harry , I am not straight . I like guys . I like blokes like you . I.. I like you ." He was hesitant about the last sentence , but it was worth the try when the chosen one pecked his lips .

"You bloody idiotic dense-headed blondie ! I love you with my entire life !" Harry crushed his ribcage with a hug . The momentum from his strong pounce caused them to fall backwards , lying on the floor cuddling each other . They were giggling , smiling and having the best moment in their life .

No more war , no more silly quarrels , no more yelling out last names when they can be together like this . Harry placed his hand on Draco's waist as they lay on their sides , staring into each other with a sickening sweet smile plastered on their face . "Can I kiss you ?" Harry whispered, waiting for his permission .

"It won't end well . You know what I mean ." The silver-haired beauty smirked at him , urging him to just do it with that lustful gaze . The seeker bit his lower lip , eyeing his tightened pants and back to his face . "So naughty aren't you ? Hard because of a cuddle ? How long have you been waiting ?"

The teasing caused Draco to pull him in for a kiss . Tongue exploring the taste of one another , hands roaming under the shirts and feeling each other up . Sinful noises of pleading left Draco's lips , it was soft and almost high-pitched . Harry pressed his knee in between his thighs , earning a mewl from him as his body slumped onto him .

"Eager , huh ?" He whispered next to his ear , biting his earlobe in the next second . "Not here please , Potter.. I don't want my voice echoing for the whole castle to hear ," Draco hardly spoke . Harry kissed his cheek , letting go of him and stood up . Confusion flooded his mind for not so long until the brunette scooped him up like a koala .

"What are you doing ?! Put me down ! I can walk on my own !" Draco protested but his body wasn't really complaining . "Stay still . I memorized the way to your private room . I don't want to walk in on Ron and Hermione snogging each other ," he explained calmly and walked to the aforementioned destination .

Seems like another war happened in the Slytherin dormitory .

¯\_(ツ)_/¯