Spinel & Marceline

I dreamed of making this story ever since I've heard two specific songs you'll find them here. Special thanks to all that inspired the story too. Rebecca Suggar and her team are on top list of course : https://youtu.be/YbBaGRboDVs

With some others too here: Orphan_account X Paper_Sunflower_Lane X SketchyJessieOfficial X CherryCreamFairy X Sarah4AMEN

Just a note, this specific fic is crossover of my two stories: Mail Crystal & Bubbline Adoptive (you'll see at the end) , BUT the idea itself is possible if creators ever wanna explore it. Won't be the first time.
_________________________________________
In a vast ocean of space, there is a garden drifting away...

A garden with a certain Spinel on it waiting and waiting for someone special

Spinel definitely tried not to fall asleep, not that she needs to but she doesn't want to. Tried sleeping numerous times and it didn't help her boredom.

Butterflies on flowers did keep her some company for a couple of years.

She kept closing eyes and counting at warp pad enthusiastically for anything. No difference this time either.

"Well okay this isn't working" she tells to a butterfly on her head which then flies on her nose.

She giggled at funny sensation on her face while wondering how long will it take for her comeback.

Spinel in a way had Diamonds to blame for that, her BFF is having hard time scoring points with the three. She is sure that Pink will soon succeed on getting her colony where they can play full time.

That was the best part, sadly waiting till then was a boring part.

Luckily as an entertainer, Spinel had ways to had solo fun. Though she isn't technically alone with all the butterflies that may tickle, bees that may bite, worms that may crawl over, and pollinators in the dirt. "Creating life from nothing" as Pink loved to say.

Flowers come in handy too as she makes chain crowns for her future adventures with Pink.

If she didn't miscount which is hard to believe, it's been about 106 years since she had left.

In comparison to gems' large lifespan, that isn't much but it IS the longest she's been away.

She liked the start where she had more time but if she wanted to have her own turf, one even larger than this little garden then she has to get approval from her peers who'd be nice to give her some praise too. Downplaying her efforts is one of reasons why she didn't look as excited lately.

Well nothing she can do about that. At the moment, on one of pillars she played a game of counting the stars. They were many that's for sure, butterflies didn't make it easier when they fly to her face.

She sometimes wonders if those stars are worlds far from here? That'd mean she has so many places out there to explore and play in.

Just as her thoughts wondered off, Spinel heard a sound that was not too different from warp pad but not very similar either.

She energetically hurried, hoping to see if Pink returned...

The warp pad was still empty... what a bummer...

Looking down, Spinel was about to go back to stargazing before noticing someone else in her garden.

Blinking and rubbing her eyes, she examined the figure.

It was a humanoid person with white pale skin, blackish dark hair. She's wearing a grey sweater with blue pants. And what's more funny is that she's not standing on a grassy floor, she was floating above it!