𝐜𝐡. 𝟐

"really?" the four siblings and the two girls look over to the voice, it was the cashier girl who was blowing bubble gum, elaine looked at the girl and squinted her eyes, inspected her. she had chocolate brown eyes and dirty blonde hair, she had creamy colored skin and her jawline was so sharp it look like it could cut through glass. "do you have something to say?" elaine said through her gritted teeth, "well they said you're a famous child genius, but really you're just famous because your brothers made a name for you," the girl paused for a moment, "plus, you are overrated when it comes to you. you may have fans, but don't forget you have haters." elaine looked to the ground, ready to cry. was that really true? was she only famous because of her brothers? she was so close to crying but the girls who noticed her for her said she was their role model so she looked to the cashier and rolled her eyes, suddenly being pissed off, "come back and talk to me when you meet the richest man in the world, be considered a genius," then added seeing as this girl isn't famous herself, "and when you become famous, even though you have no talent or stability to do so." her brothers chuckling and the two girls smiling, "thank you so much for your time." elaine smiled as the girl scoffed and rolled her eyes, "keep rolling your eyes, maybe you'll find a brain" elaine walked off with that being said headed straight for the candy.

"that was very hilarious to watch ella." chris laughed, matt was shaking his head with a smile, and nick was congratulating the young girl for roasting the ever loving shit out of the bitch behind the counter, well that's how nick worded it. after they found the snacks they wanted, matt payed the girl without a word, when they walked out elaine held her middle finger high without looking back. suddenly they were met by the same girls that had recognized elaine as the child genius and not by elaine, the sturniolo triplets younger sister. "that was amazing back there, elaine." the taller one whispered, she slightly looked up to wave at the four and the redness in her cheeks you could tell she was shy, on the other hand the shorter girl came up to elaine and hugged her, "that was inspirational! and so badass!" the shorter one spoke with a loud voice, she wasn't screaming she was just loud. "thank you, what's your name exactly?" elaine asked, tilting her head as she did so, "oh, sorry! i'm aspen, she's atlas." the smaller one, aspen, explained with a smile in her voice and wide on her face. "ok, nice names. hopefully i'll see you around."

just as elaine and her brothers were about to leave, she turned around, "i'm honored to be your role model!" she called out and continued her journey to her home.

when they arrived to their house they immediately began walking to their blanket fort and got comfortable, "i'm still surprised you got out of your shell to say that ella," matt smiled at his younger sister, "i'm proud of you." elaine looked back at her brother and smiled softly, her blue eyes glowing in the dark. and then suddenly the wholesome moment was interrupted by chris's loud ass voice, "what are you? a fucking elementary school teacher? 'i'm proud of you'" he mocked as he opened his can of pepsi with a bag of popcorn next to him, "fuck. you." elaine spat at her brother, he just laughed at her and flipped her off while sipping on his soda.

the group of four had decided to watch the new movie Spider-man and half way through, the siblings had sprawled everywhere practically on top of each other sleeping.

at around midnight, 5:47 am to be precise, nick had woken up to use the bathroom. when was about to fall back asleep there was a soft cry coming from beside him. by now chris had fallen off the couch and matt rolled over to his side, leaving young elaine alone in the dark. nick immediately began to realize that elaine was the one softly crying, "ella? is that you?" his voice barely above a whisper, "n-no.." elaine hiccuped with a few stray tears daring to fall onto her cheeks, "yes it is. c'mere, love." nick whispers softly, opening his arms for his younger sister. she gladly accepts the invitation to hug him. as nick hugs her from her side and traces circles on her hoodie covered shoulder he asks once more, "are you okay? why are you crying?" elaine by then had cheek stained with dry tears, "it's stupid." she says in the most broken way possible, nick's heart almost broke in two pieces and shattered, "it's not stupid of it makes you this upset," he says softly. he was upset as well that his little sister was sad about something, he wondered why, "i had a nightmare." elaine states, once the silence signified that she should continue, she does.

"i had a nightmare that i was trapped inside a cage, tied up. and everything i saw consisted of you, matt, and chris being tortured, i felt helpless. i don't know why i dreamt what i did, but right as the bat was about to hit me i woke up. i woke up and cried nicky. i cried because i don't know what i would do if that happened, and then it reminded me that you guys were going to die in that dream, i was scared." and she cried again.

nick held his younger sister, honestly he thinks he would've cried too if he had a nightmare like that. "it's okay. i'm ok, chris and matt are ok too. we're here for you ellie. and we're not going anywhere any time soon. i love you darling, now we can stay here in silence while i hug you, or we can stay like this and go back to sleep." elaine had chosen to go to sleep being hugged and comforted by his brother, and just as they were about to head back to sleep once more you could faintly here elaine whisper,

"i love you too. i love all of you."

{𝐚/𝐧 - 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐨. 𝐛𝐭𝐰 𝐢 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝟐:𝟏𝟗 𝐚𝐦. 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬, 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞!}

( edit: that nightmare was dark and fast forward now that i'm reading it back.)