nine.

Caspian leaned against the side of the ship, watching the horizon while thinking about Edmund

He hadn't even looked at Caspian since last night.

Maybe he regretted it; maybe he didn't even like him. Who would? Caspian had killed someone... no one could forgive that.

He stood there for a while longer, hoping that Edmund would walk towards him at some point and explain why he'd been ignoring him. But he never did, and Caspian eventually gave up, since standing there alone made him deal with his dreadful mind.

"Caspian!" The Captain shouted.

The brunet looked over at where the Captain was and walked towards him.

"Yes?" He asked.

"We've reached an island that we think holds something important," the Captain explained. "Shall we go inland and explore?"

Another island... interesting. "Yes. Let's go."

Caspian only hoped the events that occurred on this island didn't go as badly as they had on the other they had stopped at.

•••

Edmund was too nervous to talk to Caspian. He wanted to tell him that he didn't regret it and that he loved having him hold him.

But something was stopping him. It was like there was an invisible barrier surrounding Caspian, making it difficult to approach him -- it infuriated the raven-haired boy.

Soon, he saw Caspian walk off towards the Captain. Edmund sighed, knowing he had missed his opportunity.

Caspian probably thought that he was ignoring him -- or worse, that Edmund was uncomfortable with that they had done.

Sighing, Edmund walked over to the edge of the ship, and looked out at the sea. It calmed him. His mind was racing and he needed something to help him relax -- looking out to sea did just that.

Edmund heard people hurriedly moving around the ship, so he turned around and went to ask Reepicheep what was going on.

"We've found another island," the mouse answered. "We're sailing inland so we can explore it. You should get ready, sire, we've almost reached land."

Edmund nodded, and went to his room to prepare himself for sailing inland.

So that was why Caspian went to the Captain -- Edmund scolded himself for overthinking. Everything would be fine!

Everyone got on their designated ship, and sailed inland. They decided that when they got on the island, they would all split up into small teams to explore.