Chapter 3 - Fur to scale(s)

(Why the (s) thing)

(Because)

(Well that's helpful)

Felicia

I know I'm dreaming right now. Well something about the altered world gives it away. I still don't understand why some humans say all dreams have meanings. Specially when they act like this. After what fells like an hour (In real time probably less than a minute) it calms down. A fog like substance then blows in. Once I can barely see in front of me a mirror slowly floats towards me. 

I look into it to see my cat form staring back at me. As you can imagine I am rather confused as to why this is in my dream. But then the reflection of the cat starts to warp and change. And right in front of my eyes, instead of a cat is now a dragon. So this dream took a weirder turn now showing me my original form. 

Before anything else happens the dream fades away. And I fall back into deep slumber.

Colin

I am currently dreaming about having a lightsaber. Very awesome. At least until-

"AHHH!" I screech after cutting an arm off.

It is then that I am startled from my once cool dream. Though something is... different. Did I complete my homework. Eh even if I didn't its Saturday, I've got time. Though I do feel my bed is at an angle. Am I about to roll off? I open my eyes expecting to see the edge of my bed, and perhaps Ember somewhere on the floor. Instead I open them to a crimson scaled pattern completely obstructing my vision.

By a miracle I hold in a scream. I take a proper look at whats in front of me. I refuse to believe it. But the leathery wings and horned head tell me otherwise. 

There's a bloody dragon on my bed!

Wait so how long was I sleeping with that? ....I feel like I phrased that wrong... Aaaanyways I slowly started to make my way out of my bed. Where was Ember? The question lingered, I decided to assume the best and that she was downstairs or something. Now I knew I had a gun in here. Just... Its in the nightstand the dragon is facing. So as quiet as a mouse (I hope) I made my way to the nightstand. 

Opening the drawer I slowly pull out the Desert Eagle my dad bought me. I slowly check if its loaded, it is. So I back away with infinite caution. I almost make it to the wall of my room, but that's when I ran out of luck and stepped on that one really squeaky floorboard. I hold my breath hoping that it doesn't wake up.

One giant eye cracks open. A blank stare somehow turned into one of confusion. The beast slowly raised itself from the bed. It is giving me a look I can't quite decipher. My grip on the gun tightens as the dragon reaches its full height of about 7-8 feet. 

I shakily raised the gun saying, "D-don't move."

That's when I noticed what I believed to be a hint of fear in its eyes. So it knew what these guns can do. I hope those scales aren't as tough as they look in case things get ugly. 

Suddenly a young gentle feminine voice hit my ears, "Human, you do not need to fear me"

Surprised that it can talk I stumble back a bit, enough that my back is now to the wall. 

"H-how did y-you get here?" I fumble with my words

"I've been here for the past two days silly," The amusement in her voice lowers my guard a bit. But I'm still on edge.

But then another question comes to mind, "W-what do you mean by that?"

"Oh yes I should introduce myself," she says, "You know me as Ember. But my actual name is Felicia."

My eyes widen and I hold up my gun again, "There is no way that you were a cat a few hours ago!"

She sighs then told me, "Need proof?"

My silence and the gun still pointing at her is all she needed. She closed her eyes and seemed to be in deep concentration. She slowly started to glow. Until the light fully emanated her. I can barely see as her outline went from draconic to feline in mere seconds. And all of a sudden right in front of me was none other than the cat I picked up off the street two days ago. My jaw was as far down as it can go. The form then glows again and warps back into a dragon. She turns to look at me, grinning from ear to ear.

"Should I say no more?" She ask with a playful undertone.

I just drop onto my rear. I am beyond confused. I keep the gun near me just in case. But I feel like I am not going to need it. 

"Well seeing as I broke you," Felicia says, "Allow me to fully introduce myself."

(Nice job man)

(Why thank you)

(No, no, not the writing)

(What?)

(I'm talking about how you were working on it at FRICKING 1 IN THE MORNING! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!)

(What about it)

(WHAT ABOUT IT?!? I NEED REST!)

(You'll live)

(This is how you'll die mark my words)

(Same goes for you buddy)