Chapter 1: For Her

Chapter 1: For Her

"In order to lift the curse, the forgotten must be remembered." I was tapping my sharp, velvet-red, polished nails on the surface of the crystal table as I stared monotonously at these folks talking in front of me. I don't care about their plan, but my father asked me to. This is for him, to save him, if it weren't for him, I wouldn't be here listening.

"She's weak, how can she even remember a thing all by herself? Her instinct always goes to wanting to be protected and spoon-fed. Now, to make your plan more effective, why don't we put a little spice? Like giving hints or clues for her to trigger her memories? What do you think?" I wanted to be praised by Azriel for that, and I was waiting for him to agree, but it didn't happen. He remained silent. Kaagad na nagsalubong ang kilay ko dahil doon. Bakit ba hindi niya ako ma-appreciate kahit minsan lang?

"Maganda ang ideya na 'yon, m'lady." Calum agreed instead, na mas lalong kinainit ng ulo ko.

"We will hurt Agatha? Kahit hindi pa siya nakakaalala, alam natin na mahal pa rin niya si Lucien. Baliktarin man ang mundo, at paulit-ulit man siyang mawala, she loves Lucien." Azriel's voice was firm and dark, yet I could still notice the hint of pain and sadness from it.

"We have no choice, pareho naman silang nasasaktan ni papa, they need a little more sacrifice to get the ending that they want. Kung hindi natin gagawin 'yon, everything will mess up, hindi tayo aabot sa takdang panahon kung kailan si papa nakatakdang mawala. I couldn't afford to lose another member of my family. Even if I hate my mother, I don't want her to die again. And now that she's here, we better take risks even if it means hurting them or her." I explained sincerely this time. Tumango muli si Calum at Nana Marty. Naiwan si Azriel na nakatitig lamang sa akin like he is analyzing my words.

"So, how will we start?" nakahinga ako ng maluwag sa sinabi niya. Kaya naman tumayo na ako to tell them the whole plan. I consulted my father, Lucien, about this, and he gave me permission. Iyon din kasi talaga ang naisip niya, naunahan ko lang siyang magsabi.

"Since the plan is to lure the council to buy us time to trigger those who killed my mother before to expose themselves, he will expose Agatha whom he disguised as the mortal Agatha. At kapag in action na sila that's when the chase begins, my father will bring her here together with you, at habang kasama natin siya we'll do, act, or show her things na may parte sa nakaraan niya o nila ni papa. It will trigger her memories that way." I started as I stared at their faces, not their eyes . . . I can never hold eye contact with anyone. . . unless it was Azriel. Sa kaniya lang ako napapatitig sa mga mata because it was enticing. Those iris eyes were deep and I love them so much. When I was satisfied enough with the sight of them I immediately averted my gaze.

"So, we will hide everything to her and let her figure things out?" tumango ako. Exactly. That's what the enchantress told papa to be able to regain his lost power and strength, my mom should remember him before the eclipse, if not, my papa will die. That's the consequence of what he did just to make sure my mom will comeback to us. Those sacrifices he made just for my mom to live—a kind of love he could only give. Hindi dapat iyon mapunta sa wala. Kahit malaki ang sama ng loob ko kay papa, I still love him, he kept me, he protected me, kahit hindi ko madalas maramdaman, alam ko na pinoprotektahan niya ako kaya niya ako itinago rito.

Walang may alam kung sino ako, walang nakakaalam na anak ako ni Lucien at Agatha. I was born in secret. Hindi dapat iyon mangyayari kung hindi lamang namatay si mama.