I: What the hell

"Ugh! Yet another life lost to protect the silly sweet female lead Mu Haohao." A girl angrily said as she clenched onto her phone.

She was rereading a novel she loved when she was younger. Now she just wants to beat herself up. How did she like such cringey stuff.

She turned to look at the time. It was midnight.

"Enough reading for tonight. Let's go to-" she could not even finish her sentence before she fainted. She would never expect what she will see when she woke up the next day.

◇◇◇◇

Voices could be heard in an ancient chinese style room. Amongst all those voices were intermittent crying sounds from a girl.

"Little Ai! Wake up please! Don't leave me!" The girl sobbed.

" Haohao, don't cry, please. I am sure she will be fine." A man's voice sounded, but he was unconcerned.

"Yeah, junior sister Mu, don't cry. She will probably be sad if she saw you cry. She did not sacrifice herself just for you to cry." Another one said, sounding just as unconcerned.

The lady called Mu Haohao, stopped sobbing and tenderly stroked the hair of the unconscious girl on the bed. The girl seemed to be in a deep coma as the voices did not wake her up.

"Senior brothers, thank you for comforting me, but I think you should leave. The sect master had asked for a meeting with the disciples. I will come later", The lady advised as she held onto the hand of the unconscious girl.

The men seemed to be reluctant but upon seeing the look in the lady's eyes that seemed to want to be alone, they still left the room.

As soon as they left, the lady tightened her grip on the girl as her tears began falling again. She delicately kissed her hand and stared down at her for some time.

Mu Haohao let out a sigh, covered the girl with the blanket and left her room for the assembly.

A few minutes have passed since the last person in the room left. The girl who was thought as unconscious slowly opened her eyes.

'This is crazy. I can't believe I actually transmigrated. Isn't this supposed to only happen in books or when you get hit by truck-kun or even any vehicle or accident like fires? I just fell asleep on my bed, I did not even hit something', She lamented in her head. What's more is that she could not even move!

She had been in this world for four weeks and it's been two days since she could open her eyes. Needless to say, it was a torture.

This period had not been fruitless as she had managed to discover in which world she transmigrated to. It was a book, in particular the one she read the night before passing out. At first she thought she occupied the body of a comatose side character and when the character's body will give up, she would go back to her own world.

I guess luck was not on her side. She became the female lead's maid and the only girl that was close to her.

The book was called "The princes' consort is all-rounded". As the name suggests, it is a harem story in an ancient chinese and xianxia setting. The female lead, Mu Haohao is the despised eldest daughter of the late first wife of the prime minister of Guang state. She was neglected by her father and abused by the second wife and concubines of the family. Because of the second wife's scheme, she was locked up in a remote courtyard with one maid and no resource to cultivate. She was known as trash in the capital city albeit being betrothed to the fourth prince. However, she somehow managed to grow up as a sweet and kindhearted girl, naive too.