⭐Chapter One⭐

I swung my katana violently at the dummy in front of me, anger surging through my veins. With every swing of the katana, air whooshed.

I am Kenji Urokodaki, a 15 year old male becoming a demon slayer.

My parents are divorced, my father left when I was born due to him not wanting to pay for me or any of my needs. My mother was caring, she cared for both me and my little sister, Kiyoko Tamayo.

My last name came from my father and Kiyoko's got hers from our mother. A few months after I had turned 13, my mother died.

She handed me a lantern, saying her last words to me: "Son, take this lantern. Think to yourself how the lantern lights your path like how I did when you where younger. I love you and I will guide your path as the lantern will light it.". 

Kiyoko and I where supposed to go with our aunt but I had refused. I was going to be the one to care for my little sister and that is exactly what happened.

I let out a grunt as a struck the dummy in front of me, the dummy being sliced in half. Droplets of water fell calmly from the tip of my sword. I am a water breather, that's why. I inhaled sharply and exhaled sharply, catching my breath and falling to my knees.

Kiyoko had run over to me with a roll of bandages, what had I hurt?

"Brother! Brother! Are you okay?" She asked, a worried expression on her face.

I tossed the katana onto the floor, the metal making a clanging noise as it hit the wooden floor, Kiyoko jumping. She has sensitive ears, why am I so stupid to forget that?

"I'm sorry, Kiyoko." I murdered the apology, guilt welding inside of me. I stood up and punched the top half of the dummy that hadn't come off when I sliced it, it falling to the floor with a light thud, not enough to hurt my sister's ears.

"I-it's okay. Here." She stampered as she tossed me the bandages.

I had returned to the position on my knees, taking the bandages.

"What are these for? I don't remember getting hurt anywhere." My gaze was removed off of my sister and down the the green katana that laid on the floor, a crack was on the blade, a crack almost large enough that if just the slightest pressure, the tip of the katana could snap. I said a few swears under my breath before I looked back up at my sister.

"Look at your arm." She pointed to my upper arm, she looked a bit nauseated.

I turned my head a bit and pulled my arm closer to myself, seeing the wound still slightly bleeding along with a bit of dried blood.

"Oh! I didn't notice!" I chuckled while rubbing the back of my neck. It became a habit everytime I was nervous.

"Imma go, sit down for a while." My black haired sister turned around and left, giving me a thumbs up, telling me she was good.

I was able to get the bandage all around my arm and it's secure enough to the point there was no way it was going to come off.

I put my hands on my white dyed hair, ruffling it a bit so more of the natural black poked out. Personally, I really liked more of the natural black sticking out. It goes well with the white dye. I lied down, slamming my head into the handle of my katana.

"GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!" I hollared, grabbing the back of my head and curling up into a 'protective' ball.

I kicked the katana away, letting out a few other loud swears. I eventually got up, grabbed the nearly broken katana, and headed back inside. I snatched up a back of Yen that was beside the door, enough to get my katana fixed. I left the house, walking down the cobblestone path to the right of my house. I carefully entered the building, being happily greeted by Daichi Yamato, the man who runs this place.