The Conversation

DISCLAIMER

This piece of work is for adults only. It is written to аrоuѕе and еntеrtаіn. Do not read them if уоu are offended by explicit conversations surrounding sex.

*

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, рlасеѕ, аnd іnсіdеntѕ аrе either the рrоduсt of the authors' іmаgіnаtіоn or are uѕеd fісtіtіоuѕlу, and any rеѕеmblаnсе tо асtuаl реrѕоnѕ, living or dеаd, buѕіnеѕѕ establishments, events, or lосаtіоns is entirely соіnсіdеntаl.

-----

Suzie had heard nothing her boss had said until the fingers snapped before her nose. "Oh!" She started.

She looked into the glare of Sabine de Tavernost.

"Sorry."

"Out with it."

"With what?"

"With whatever it is that's distracting you. Now you can clear your desk and go home with a very generous severance pay... or answer my question."

She saw Suzie glance involuntarily at her cell. Sabine held out her left hand. Suzie hesitated but her boss' hand never wavered.

"It's personal."

Sabine dropped her hand. "What could be so distracting that you cannot focus on the designs? Your mother?"

"Oh no."

Sabine's jaw hardened. "A man." Suzie's reaction confirmed the suspicion.

"At some point, we all have man trouble... you cannot bring it to work."

Suzie became agitated, "I don't. But the message arrived just before you walked in and I was trying to figure out my response... sorry I zoned out."

Sabine made a decision. "You're no use to me in this state. Go home. Go deal with your man. Come back tomorrow... FOCUSED!!"

But Suzie didn't move. Sabine knew she'd regret it but said it anyway. "Need help?"

Suzie handed over the phone. Sabine read the text message.

Faye: excuse me can you please stop fuckin' my man?

Suzie: Who is your man

Faye: Daniel

Suzie had not texted back. Sabine looked up. "You fucking this man?... This... Daniel?"

"Yes." Suzie didn't hesitate.

"You love him?"

"Please!"

"Alright, you don't love him. You want to keep sleeping with him?"

"No. I'm dun with the dude."

"Want help?" Sabine repeated.

Suzie remembered who was asking the question. At twenty-six Sabine de Tavernost did not have man problems. They had problems with her. No matter who it was, she always seemed to bend them to her will. She changed her men the way she did her skirts.

A sly smile crossed Suzie's face. "Would you?"

Sabine matched the smile. "Will be my honour and my pleasure. We'll need some wine while I deal with this."

"Yes, ma'am!" Suzie went to do as requested while Sabine stretched out and began to type a conversation on behalf of Suzie.

Suzie: Ohhhh I mean does he wanna stop fuckin me?