Bars Between US {Carl Gallagher}

Chapter One: Seeking Answers

"So, how is he?" Paisley asks her brother on the phone with glass between them. She takes in his prison outfit before looking at him. Mickey looks at his sister with a weird face. "Who?" Paisley gives him a dead stare. "Santa Claus. No, you fucking dumbass. Ian." Mickey looks at her with a disgusted look on his face. "How the fuck should I know?" Mickey says, waving to his nephew in his sister's lap. "He's your fucking cellmate. Anyway, leave it. You seen Carl around?" At the mention of Carl's name, Mickey's face softens a tiny bit. "About him..."

"What? What happened?" Paisley whisper-yells, needing answers. "He's put into isolation." Paisley's jaw drops. "What? What the fuck did he do?" Mickey chuckles weirdly. "Beat up some guard, because he tried to fuck him." Paisley looks with a confused face. "Carl tried to fuck a guard?" Mickey laughs a bit. "No, the guard tried to fuck him. The boy started yelling he has a girlfriend and a son. Don't know how long he's gonna be in there, though." Paisley smiles softly. "Wrap it Up." a guard says harshly, showing call time is over.

"Call me as soon as he gets out of isolation, will ya?" Mickey nods, waving bye to Raven. "I love you." "I love you too." Paisley watches her brother getting taken back with some guard, before standing up as well, and leaving.

"How was it?" Lip asks Paisley and takes Raven over from her. Lip gave her a ride, because her car is in the garage, getting fixed. Paisley gets in the car. "Carl's in isolation. Beat up some guard, 'cause he tried to fuck him." Lip gets in as well, after putting Raven in the car next to Liam. "Carl tried to fuck a guard?" he says, sounding more confusing than ever. "No, the guard tried to fuck him."

Paisley leans back in the car seat, sighing heavily. "Yeah, that's what Mickey said. Apparently, Carl started yelling about having me as his girlfriend and Raven as his son, trying to defend himself." She shakes her head, her brow furrowing with concern. "I don't know how long he's gonna be in there, though."

Lip glances at Paisley, his grip on the steering wheel tightening. "Isolation? That's rough. Carl's always been protective, but I didn't think he'd go this far." He lets out a frustrated sigh. "We need to find out what's really going on."

Paisley nods in agreement, her eyes filled with determination. "Yeah, we can't just let him rot in there without knowing the whole story. We have to find a way to get through to him, see if he's okay."

As they drive back home, the weight of Carl's situation hangs in the air. Paisley's mind races with questions and worries, unable to shake off the image of her boyfriend locked away in isolation. She knows she can't stand idly by. They arrive at their destination, and Lip parks the car.

Paisley takes a deep breath, her voice steady but resolute. "Lip, I'm going to find out everything I can about what happened. I'll talk to the guards, talk to anyone who might have information. We need to help Carl."

Lip looks at Paisley, his gaze filled with gratitude and concern. "Be careful, Paisley. You know how things can get in there. We don't want you getting into trouble, too."

Paisley gives him a small, reassuring smile. "I'll be careful, Lip. But I can't just sit back and do nothing. He's my fucking boyfriend, and Raven's father. We have a family to protect."

With that, Paisley opens the car door and steps out onto the familiar Gallagher territory. She walks towards the house, her determination growing with every step. The mission to uncover the truth and Support Carl has just begun.

As she enters the Gallagher household with Raven in her arms, Paisley can't help but feel a mix of apprehension and determination. She knows the road ahead won't be easy, but she's ready to face whatever comes her way. She will do whatever it takes to support her boyfriend and bring him back to the family that loves him.