Chapter 4 - Proper introductions

(Did you forget about the CIA guys?)

(No. Also they aren't from the CIA)

(I don't follow...)

(Just wait. Just you wait)

(Well I'll just... just... What the... How are you hiding it from me?!?)

(heh, I have my ways)

Felicia

Its honestly funny the look on the humans face. I would be amused if I didn't know my life could be on the line. He seemed pretty content to pull that trigger. So I should be slow with how I explain myself. Though I don't even know why I changed back so quick. And on such short notice.

"Well as I already said I am Felicia," I explain, "To tell you why I am here is because I wanted to find out why so many wanderers have been entering the forest I live in."

He pipes in, "Which forest. There are plenty in this area."

"Uhh... I believe you humans call it White River Forest." I answer. 

"That explains." He says, "That forest is one of the biggest and most popular among the US. Oh and those are campers, not wanderers."

His boldness surprises me. But I suppose some humans absorb things easily. Both metaphorically and physically. Or hes good at hiding it.

(Meanwhile in Colin's brain)

S*** s*** s*** this is bad! What did I just say! Now shes going to rip my head off and I'm going to feel every d*** thing!

(Back to Felicia)

Either way, I can at least talk to him.

"And to finalize you about myself I am a shapeshifter dragon."

He looks more confused, "A what?"

"How else would I be able to turn into a cat?"

He just looks to the ground giving me enough of an answer to be satisfied. Unfortunately I don't know what else to say. There really isn't much to know about me. So we're thrown into a awkward silence.

"Now what?" The human suddenly asks.

"Well you can introduce yourself to me."

"Oh wow," He baffles, "Over the two days you've been hear never once has my name been mentioned in my own house."

He clears his throat, "Well my name is Colin Anderson."

"Pleasure to meet you Colin."

He nods

I then ask what my mind has been poking me about ever since he put the gun down, "How are you taking this in so well?"

He chuckles a bit, "I have a knack for showing little emotion sometimes. Inside right now all of my conscious mind is telling me to grab this gun and pull the trigger. And it can't decide between two choices."

"Ah that's... great," I give a halfhearted chuckle.

We're thrown into another wave a silence. The human looks like he wants to say something. But is reluctant.

"Colin," I speak, "What is on your mind."

His eyes widen, "U-uh nothing, nothing"

He's lying and he knew that I knew. So I press further, "It's all right Colin. I really don't care that much about human politics if that's what it is."

"N-no that's not-" He stops to think, giving a sigh of defeat he ask his question, "W-why didn't you kill me?"

"Why would I?" Humans baffle me sometimes. Though it is fun toying with them, "We can arrange that if you want."

His eyes go as wide as they could, "N-no no no. No. I'm fine. Perfectly fine. Thank you."

I burst out laughing, "You humans! Ha ha! Take everything so seriously."

When he calms down he asks again, "But still why didn't you."

I sigh, humans, always so eager to get their answers, "Just because I don't look or walk like you do, doesn't mean I look any different towards your kind."

I thought comes to mind and I murmur out, "Well I guess my grandfather is what you humans expect from a dragon."

"So emotionally your kind isn't to different form ours," Colin says, grabbing onto what I'm saying.

"Well except wild ones," The confusion on his face almost makes me laugh, "Oh don't worry. They all died in the Middle Era or what you humans know as the Medieval age. And I do say, humans at that time made some very remarkable castles. Or so my parents say anyways."

"Wait how old are your parents?" Colin asks.

"My dad is around 150 human years. Mom's 131," I explain, "Oh and I'm 46. But for dragons you would call my dad 65 and mom would be 57. I would be 20."

"Dang your old. Already lived longer than most of us humans." He chuckles, "So technically when I'm 90 you would be like, what? 31-33?"

"Maybe," I say, not bothering with the calculations.

He finally gets up and motions for me to follow him out of his room. When we get downstairs he goes to his cabinet and pulls out a box of... Fruit Loops? Never really looked at human foods. Along he got a bowl, spoon, and milk.

"So. Now what are you going to do," He asks, "I don't really have supplies to feed a dragon. And if some government official knew you were here, I'd have the entire CIA up my A-...lly. Yea."

His struggle with what to say surprised me a bit. But his question is quite serious. I don't really know myself.

"I... don't really know. I suppose I could return home," I really think that's the best option for me.

He just stares at his untouched breakfast. 

"Well it was a pleasure meeting you," He looks happy but his eyes say another story, "White River is out west a bit. Shouldn't be too hard to find. I'd come but I'm not risking it, plus I have some schoolwork to finish."

I only nod in understanding. Kind of disappointed he didn't offer to take me to my home. But I will respect his choice. He walks over to one of his windows. Without warning he takes in a very audible gasp and shuts his window's curtains. 

"On second though we should leave. NOW!" He dashes upstairs without further explanation. 

I look through the small crack in the window and curtains. There are 3 black SUV's on the curb. Engraved on the sides of the cars is a company I would remember all my life.

Thorn Enterprise

(Ah I see now)

(Yea so stop complaining. You'll find out what happens eventually)

(For now...)