Chapter 1: BITE

Huff

Huff

Huff

Huff

"I just need to keep running," He thought to himself before stumbling on the cold damp leaves in front of him.

"Ugh," he groaned, his ankle throbbing in pain. He sat up, laying his back against a tree. His jaw clenched as he held his left ankle. "I think I lost... whatever that thing was." Blood dribbled down his white shirt, from a wound on his shoulder.

The sky was turning a blue color, as the sun was rising. Getting back to his house was going to be a pain, especially not to wake his dad up.

**

Stepping out of the shower, he grabbed a towel and dried his hair and body off before tying it around his waist. He then grabbed a large bandage from the cabinet. It was placed where the wound on his shoulder was, almost looking like a bite mark. His ankle is starting not to hurt anymore as much.

He lost his phone in the run, so his savings for a car would have to go to a new phone. He walked into his room, towel on the waist. He grabbed some clothes from his drawers and got dressed in some blue baggy-ish pants and a new, clean white t-shirt that wasn't stained with his own blood. He got his shoes on as well and went downstairs to the kitchen.

"Good morning, Kyrie," his dad greeted while raising his cup of coffee to his lips.

Kyrie nodded, "Good morning to you, too." While making himself a bowl of cereal and sat at the island counter. A crash can be heard from upstairs, making both of them jump and look over by the stairs.

10 seconds later, a scruffy looking man came stumbling down half awake, scratching his head. "Good morning, Tobias..." their dad spoke, "I gotta go off to work, I'll see you two after school. Have a good day."

Kyrie finished his cereal and said goodbye back. Tobias, on the other hand, was too busy on his phone and trying to reach into the fridge at the same time.

Kyrie and Tobias were close in age, 17 and 19, to be exact. Their mother was a beautiful young woman who had died on her way home from the grocery store and gotten into a car crash when the boys were 2 and 4 at home with their dad. Ever since then, their dad hasn't even tried scoping out any of the women in the town. The only mother figure to them was their aunt, who was their dad's sister. She had no kids of her own at the time but decided to help out with funeral expenses and babysitting.

Lately, she hasn't been around much sense they're older, and she's dealing with kids of her own now. And not to mention, they also moved out of state as well.

Kyrie puts his shoes on and looks at the microwave for the time, 7:13. "Tobi, could you hurry up. You're my ride, and I don't think you wanna be late on your first day either." Kyries still surprised that he not only managed to graduate, but also managed to get into a college this quickly.