Prologue

Sammy. Also known as Samuel Michael James Lawrence, he was reported dead on April 29th, 1944. Instead of being a ghost like everyone else, Samuel's past caused him to be given a torment known to no other spirit. 

A man that controls him as if he's a puppet. He is forced to watch from behind the eyes of an ink creature and the invisible strings that push him into uncomfortable and awkward situations.

He was tearing up the songs he once held dear to him. The lyrics were delicately written in black ink by the man he once loved as a brother, Jack Fain. The gentle musical notes that he wrote with his own hands and created were torn under the same fingers that made them.

He can't even stand to hear his voice anymore. His words aren't his, and his movements aren't wanted by the mind he once owned that now presents itself through someone else.

Samuel misses when he was a handsome, young, wall-street man. With honey-blonde hair, jade green eyes, pale ivory skin, and freckles that dotted his nose and cheeks, along with his wrists. His thick glasses, his sort of crooked, white teeth, and his weird fashion sense all made him Samuel.

Now, he was just the shadow that caressed the floors and walls with light. An inky disaster, a puppet, a shell of who he was. Nothing was behind his ink-covered eyes.

Samuel was void of hope when he came, the human. Maybe this was his chance to be free! He didn't care if he was trapped here as a spirit for the rest of eternity, as long as he could remain Samuel.

The ink demon could keep his soul, but Samuel was tired of being ink! He was tired of not being able to control himself. It was torture. Hadn't he paid enough? What else was there to owe for a silly attempt at something that didn't even work?

He didn't know. But to be Samuel again instead of"Samuel." He would do just about anything. And he was tired of slowly going insane. Watching his own body be controlled by the inky, giant, monstrous, deceitful, powerful, all-knowing puppeteer that Samuel could only loathe for keeping him locked up in the prison of his physical being.