NINETY-NINE PERCENT

Ninety-nine percent

By james a. galgano

Now with each growing minute of discontent

To meet the mortgage put food on the table to pay the rent.

Without a job or check for unemployment without healthcare

We find ourselves within the midst of growing disenchantment.

We the growing indentured college loan owing student servant

We the old and young alike the ninety nine percent

Captives to the bright shining lie of corporate and government malfeasance.

Placing our present and future in junk bond hedge fund money schemes

Bailed out by the obscene greed of the self-proclaimed almighty few.

Whose only dream is to make a profit on our blood, sweat and tears.

While placing our nation and freedoms in peril by heightening fears

For promises to protect a mythical homeland philosophically in arrears

While fighting wars with questionable foes Orwellian made enemies

On our own soil across our misplaced borders or in unfriendly places overseas

Where we have no business being, nor interfering with their own local dissatisfaction.

With same or similar ruling class conspiracy to protect their status quo impropriety.

It may take a village, as some would have us believe to maintain such anguish.

At being deceived to perpetuate a lie leading to the continued subjugation by those few

Who would sell their souls to the highest bidder without even a thought?

To protect and preserve their wealth and riches upon which our bodies.

And souls are bought and bundled into elaborate investment incantations.

And sold to lowest bidder to easily dispense to make a profit at our lives expense.

This is the predicament we find ourselves our lives to be at the beginning of this century.

Where will this path lead us if our massive anger at this onslaught is unable to unveil?

Upon whose computer bank will our demise be transmitted if we are unable to prevail

To rectify for the many if not more upon whose lives any action now requires

That now is the time, which tries our every thought yet inspires.

Each of us to meet as one in unity to rectify all ills proficiently.

To ensure and secure a more perfect union protect and preserve domestic tranquility.

So that the ninety-nine percent regain control of our nation's destiny

To invoke the ideals of forefathers and mothers now past to procure a dream to last.

One where everyone of us shares in the wealth and responsibility.

To resolve every discontent and remedy every obvious impropriety.