So, this story is based on a headcanon. Which, I love. So, here we go.

Will used to ask El questions about Mike. El got confused after the 5th question and asked why. Wills' excuse was that he was just wondering because his best friend hadn't called him for that long. After they went back to Hawkins, Will would continue to ask El questions. When she asked again, he had no excuse. He ran away into his room and just sat there, staring, thinking, sniffling. He knew he had a crush on Mike, and he knew he couldn't tell El. Why would he ask her questions? He did it because she was the only person that he felt wouldn't get annoyed or that he would bother.

After this, he started writing small cards and sending them to El's door by slipping them under her door.  El would read them and give him responses. One day, when Mike came to their house and he went into El's room, Will gave her one of the letters. Mike picked it up, and it was Will telling El he liked Mike. He couldn't bear to hold the secret from his sister, so he tried to tell her. Mike gave the letter to El and she didn't know how to respond. Will sat outside her door, waiting for the response. Mike stepped out and brought Will into the room. Will realized that Mike had read the card. He was scared and didn't know what to do. His crush, who had been his best friend for most of his life, had found out he liked him.

Mike and Will didn't talk for a week, and then the rest of the party found out. Max, Robin, Steve, Jonathan, and a few others accepted Will. Mike didn't know how he felt. He wanted to break up with El, but he didn't know if he felt the same way for Will yet. He would ask Robin questions about how she found out that she was a lesbian, so finally, he came to the conclusion that he was bisexual.

Also, I am going to make the story a bit better and touch it up.