reunion.

It was beautifully painful for Anne and Gilbert to finally be together and then separate in the next moment. It was like you finally have someone solely for yourself yet they are not in your reach. Anne had started her college at the Queen's academy but Gilbert had gone to UofT for better career opportunities. So just like Ruby and moody snooping around everyday to spend time together Anne and Gilbert could not do that. The only way to actually believe that the other person feels the same way was the letters they wrote to each other. The first ones were awkward as they could not understand if they should reveal everything or not. Would I love you be very fast in the first letter itself? But the more they wrote to each other. The more comfortable they got to express themselves without any worry of judgement.

They were always comfortable with each other. And more than lovers they were best friends and soul mates for that matter. Gilbert knew he could share anything he wanted with Anne. She always understood him. Always. He thanked the lord every day for putting sense in him to not propose to Winifred. She definitely was a very fine and kind-hearted woman and deserved a man who loved the very land she walked upon. But Winifred and Gilbert were never meant to be together. Despite fulfilling his dream of studying medicine he felt incomplete without his anne. His anne with an e. So he planned to surprise her. He understood from the last few letters that he is not the only one who is missing her. Anne missed him in the same way. The best thing was that it was Christmas and Christmas holidays were starting next week and although he told her in the last letter that they will meet 2 days before  Christmas at the Charlottetown train station but they were allowed to leave earlier provided they complete the assignment. And Gilbert being the passionate individual he was, completed all his work and boarded the train 1 week before his actual holiday started. He just could not spend  1 more min without his anne.

Anne had her head in a book and mind fully invested in the story so she did not realise her surroundings. She was actually at the Queen's Library where she worked part time in order to earn a little money. It was so beneficial for Anne. First it gave her the opportunity to live with the books for a few hours that she loved so dearly and the librarian had given  her access to books that were not given out usually to children. Working at the library also gave her a sense of independence as she could contribute into her college fees and save the rest of it for her future.

So she did not actually hear when Diana was calling her to go back and came back into reality when Diana had to finally pull out the book from her hands. She gave an apologetic smile to her bosom friend and they started their journey to the train station. They shared the details of past few hours that were spent without each other. Diana was also taking piano lessons that queens academy was so gracious to provide. So when anne worked at the library for an hour or 2 Diana spent it at her piano lessons. The main reason to walk towards the train station was to pick a parcel that Diana's cousin had sent to her from England over a month ago but she had not received it yet. So the two girls planned to investigate with the post office located inside the train station to be sure.

The train was about to reach Charlottetown in a few mins and Gilbert could not help bit feel nervous. He was going to meet his anne after months. He repeatedly checked for his clothes to be proper and packed every book he was reading to pass the long journey. He could see his fellow passengers tired but he was far from it. Despite being nervous he was excited to see Anne's reaction upon seeing him. He could not wait to hold her in his arms now that she actually belonged to him. He could not wait to love her.

Anne had come on the platform as Diana was chatting with her mother's friend in Charlottetown. They found the package and made the arrangements for it to be sent to the boarding house. As soon as they stepped out from the office the lady came across them and since then anne was getting bored as she could not relate to the topics the lady was discussing.  Anne loved traveling on trains so she thought it would be a good time to pass to see people and trains coming through as it gave so much scope for the imagination.

What anne did not expect was to see the very boy she was very hopelessly and desperately in love with taking out his bags from the train that just arrived. She though she was dreaming and screamed at herself to imagine Gilbert randomly anywhere and for being such a love sick fool. Gilbert on the other hand had turned around and spotted the red head he loved so dearly having a conversation with herself. He just could not believe his luck. Here he thought he came to surprise her but he got one himself.

"Anne!!" Gilbert shouted her name and dashed towards her. It was the she turned around and gasped in surprise realising she was not imagining Gilbert and he was running towards her in reality. They both met in the middle and Gilbert quickly picked her and hugged her for his dear life after giving her a spin. They did not leave each other for a min or two. They simply could not. Anne let out an emotional son on feeling him so close. She just did not wanted to let go at this moment. Gilbert pulled away a bit. Only enough to cup her delicate face in his hands and still held her close to himself.

"My anne with an e!. Hi my love." With that he wiped her tears and pressed his lips on her for a much required kiss. They kissed deeply as long as they could without the care of the world. He pulled her even closer if possible while she ran her hands in his hair. It was such a soulful moment for them. they were kissing after months and all their passion and them missing  each other made it a passionate kiss. They broke up after they ran out of air and anne rested her head on his chest. Realising he had gained more muscles than he had before.

"I..I can't believe..I don't understand. Is this even real. Are you actually standing in front of him. Am I really hugging you. Oh my god. What are you even doing here. You said you will come on Friday of the next week. I am not even dressed nicely. " He silenced her with a small peck on her lips again and answered all of her questions.

"We were allowed to leave earlier if we submitted our assignments earlier and I could not miss the chance to spend more time with you. So here i am my lady and you're my soulmate anne. I love you now and I will love you even if you come dressed in a potato sack. You have no idea how beautiful you are looking right now to me. "" With that they kissed again got lost in each other's arms again.

Diana came to them when they broke again and were passionatly sharing more details of their own time in college. She was similarly surprised and bought good news. She had ran into Charlie slone after her mother's friend. He informed that all the classes were cancelled for the first year study for the week and they all could leave earlier. Anne screamed in delight at this and instantly went red realising Gilbert was laughing at her over excited self.

Let's just say the winter break was spent in each other's arms and creating memories with family and spending as much time as possible alone before they were separated again to complete their respective education.

This is not edited. Comment down your thought and if you want me to write on any specific plot.