Chapter 4

RECAP

All the other rounds of fighters pass.

Andy: "We got all the combat info we need. Thank you all for participating. This info might decide who your mentor will be, but not for sure, considering we have one more stage left: the Crime Simulation Stage..."

Chapter 4

Andy: "Now we have one more stage left, but first, we must move on to the melee weapon phase of this stage. Alex and Luke, pick your opponents from this screen."

Andy points to a digital board similar to the one that listed all of their test scores. The board contains all the people who have lost twice.

Luke: "That's a lot of names, and I don't feel like reading. Ummm, I pick this Bryan guy." (Bryan won the second match technically but lost due to misbehavior/misconduct.)

I see why he failed the first stage, Alex thinks to himself.

Andy: "Luke and Bryan, set up at the first mat."

Alex: "I pick mmmm... Nigel."

Andy: "Alex and Nigel, you two set up at the second mat."

Andy: "Nisha and Charlotte, you also pick your opponents, then I will explain the rules."

Nisha and Charlotte: "I pick Hakeem." "I pick Mariah."

Charlotte: "You should learn your place before you speak at the same time as me."

Nisha: "Didn't you lose our last fight?"

They both storm off to their mats.

Andy: "Hakeem, go to your mat with Nisha, and Mariah to Charlotte."

All the opponents are standing on their mats facing Andy.

Andy: "This phase will be very similar to the first one, but, of course, this phase is called the 'Melee Weapon Round.' So, if you would please look at the wall behind you, we have multiple weapons that will accommodate your preferences. Choose your weapon, and then you can begin your fights."

Everyone walks to the wall. The weapons are all wooden and separated by the type of weapon. For example, there is a row of swords followed by a row of daggers, etc.

Alex takes the wooden sword. Alex: "I've never really trained with a weapon. This seems the most practical, though," he thinks to himself.

Luke takes two wooden daggers. Luke: "I can still strike fast if the weapons are small," Luke thinks to himself.

Charlotte takes the wooden axe. Charlotte: "Maybe I can grab them with the axe. It is wooden, so it shouldn't do too much damage," Charlotte thinks to herself.

Bryan takes a wooden war hammer. Nigel takes a wooden spear. Hakeem takes a wooden sword as well. Nisha takes one wooden dagger. Mariah takes a wooden spear too.

Everyone steps back to their mats.

Luke vs. Bryan Alex vs. Nigel Nisha vs. Hakeem Charlotte vs. Mariah

Andy: "All you have to do is touch your opponent with your weapon, only from the waist up. When you're ready, begin."

First Fight: Luke and Bryan face off.

Bryan: "Perfect, a little pipsqueak to redeem myself. This should be easy."

Luke: "Oh, please. I could take you out with my eyes closed."

A vein shows on Bryan's forehead out of anger. He then runs in and swings the hammer sideways towards Luke.

Luke ducks and slashes his wooden dagger across Bryan's right leg.