Chapter One: Orientation Day

This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, all the names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents in this book are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Excuse any erros!!!

Serenity POV

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.

'YOU got this' I whispered yelled to myself with my eyes closed, laptop clutching to my chest trying to ease my anxiety. I smoked a blunt on the way but that shit did not do enough. I leaned up off of my all-black tinted-out 2014 Scion FRS and beeped my lock twice for good luck. I had to walk a good 5 minutes from the parking lot all the way to the student union where orientation was being held. Momma couldn't be here due to her extra shift she picked up at the hospital, but ill be straight though like I said before I got this.

'Truth University' wasn't even an option a month ago, my mom wanted this for me and I finally cracked. After the whole summer of making money at midnight street racing, I had enough to not even think about college.

I pulled open the right side door, walked in, and sat around this circular table with other freshmen, I automatically pull out my beats and put them on. They have a timer projected on the wall. I'll take them off once that goes off. 

Im not disrespectful I just don't need people talking to me. People make distractions, and at the moment I just want to get this shit over with.

Solo By Future started to loudly play as I scroll on Instagram looking at all my old high school friends showing off their rooms and whatnot. I'm glad my school doesn't require freshmen to stay on campus. I got myself a nice ass apartment near campus but basically in Atlanta where all the major Who's, Who's of this here race world seems to reside. I see a flyer of a freshman race tonight near the old high school campus in Marrietta and I automatically RSVP'd for the race. I got bills now I need all the munyun I can get.

So wrapped up in this race that I completely forgot about that timer. A loud ass buzzer goes off and I put my beats back in my bag. I start to actually take in the scenery around me. Three girls excluding me sitting at the round table and three boys. I'm surprised to see this white boy I knew in elementary school. I would say wassup but I don't want it to be weird. You already know how people be acting Hollywood. I'm just surprised because this is an all-black school.... Maybe he was searching for something different I guess.

The Cheerleading team comes out cheering and waving their poms poms to introduce the orientation committee for the evening. The starting 5 of the truth university basketball team come out with green collared shirts, khaki pants, and green and white dunks. I fuck with the fits for real, everybody seems to style it differently and wear it differently to match their style.

Before the 'Captain' Starts talking he blew a kiss to a cheerleader across the room, it is so cliche I thought 

They started to talk and I'm not gone lie I was barely listening, more like selective hearing. I heard all of the important stuff I needed to hear. ........Orientation Lasted all day bruh from 9 am to 5 pm, shit lowkey blew me but it's whatever. As I'm walking to my car, some brown-skinned girl came up to me showing me a flyer. The same cliche-ass girl that's with the captain of the basketball team. Not hating guys just.... OBSERVING