Do you really love me?

This story contains angst and slight fluff. Enjoy!<3
——————————————————————————
In the small, quiet town of South Park, a tempest
brewed beneath the surface. Kyle Broflovski and Stan Marsh, once inseparable friends, found themselves trapped in a web of unspoken emotions and unexplored desires.

It all started on a gloomy evening, rain pouring outside, mirroring the turmoil within their hearts. The two boys sat side by side on Stan's bed, their shoulders brushing against each other. The room was heavy with tension as they exchanged glances, their eyes revealing a longing that words could never express.

Kyle's voice trembled as he finally mustered the courage to speak, "Stan, there's something I need to tell you. Something I've been holding inside for far too long." His gaze dropped to his fidgeting hands, his heart pounding in his chest.

Stan turned to him, his expression a mix of anticipation and anxiety. "What is it, Kyle? You know you can tell me anything."

A bitter smile played on Kyle's lips. "I know, Stan. But this...this is different. It's about us."

Silence hung in the air like a heavy fog. Stan's eyes widened, realization slowly dawning upon him. "You mean...you mean you have feelings for me, Kyle?"

Tears welled up in Kyle's eyes as he nodded, his voice barely above a whisper. "Yes, Stan. I've been in love with you for as long as I can remember. Every smile, every laugh, every moment we shared—it's all become too much to bear."

Stan's heart pounded in his chest, his mind racing to comprehend the depth of Kyle's confession. Conflicting emotions tugged at him, tearing him apart from the inside. Fear, uncertainty, but also a flicker of something undeniable.

"I...I don't know what to say," Stan admitted, his voice strained. "I never thought...I never realized..."

A tear rolled down Kyle's cheek as he interrupted, his voice choked with anguish. "It's okay, Stan. I never expected you to feel the same way. I just needed to tell you...to let it out, even if it destroys our friendship."

Stan's hand reached out, hesitantly wiping away the tear from Kyle's cheek. "Kyle, I don't want to lose you. But this...this is so much to process. Give me time, please."

Days turned into weeks, and the tension between them lingered, growing more suffocating by the day. The unspoken words weighed heavily on their souls, as they tried to navigate the shifting dynamics of their friendship.

Their interactions became strained, conversations filled with awkward pauses and stolen glances. Their once vibrant bond seemed to wither under the weight of unrequited love.

Late one evening, as they stood on the edge of Stark's Pond, the moon casting a melancholic glow, the dam finally broke. Tears streamed down Kyle's face as he poured out his heart, his voice laced with pain and desperation.

"I can't do this anymore, Stan. Pretending that everything is fine when it's tearing me apart. I need to let you go, for my own sanity."

Stan's face contorted with anguish, his voice breaking. "No, Kyle, please! I can't bear to lose you. I've been grappling with my own feelings, questioning everything I thought I knew."

Their eyes met, a mixture of love and sorrow intermingling. The weight of their shared pain united them, and in that moment, they understood the depth of their connection.

With trembling hands, Kyle reached out, intertwining his fingers with Stan's. "Then let's face this together, Stan."