𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐌𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞 (1)

New York, United States of America

May 11, 1912

Saint Tyler's Church

    The sunlight shone through the stained glass windows and down onto the pews that were lined all the way down to the front and back of the church. John was all too familiar with this setting, for him it was just another day at work. He went back towards the staff room where he carried the 4th stack of bibles towards a table at the front of the podium where Father Garcia would usually speak from. John then grabbed 4 textbooks and went in between the pews placing each bible in their respective spots before the congregation began.

    It's been a few years after the confrontation between the Vatican and the Unspeakable. Having prevented the collapse of Earth itself by the Unspeakable left a lasting impression on the Vatican as well as John and Father Garcia, which was to never take lightly the threat of the demonic presence here on Earth, lest it would result in incidents such as the Unspeakable. However, when all else was said and done, John and Father Garcia returned to their original duties, which was to continue teaching the word of the lord to those who wanted to learn. They too, deserved a break from all the madness they went through all those years ago.

    But despite this, if the Vatican did call them to perform any exorcisms, then they would have to answer that call to action. After all, it was their obligation when they became priests under the Vatican. After placing all 23 bibles in between the pews, John went to the front of the podium and sat down to take a break. He looked at the interior of the church as well as listening to the eery sounds of vehicles passing by the church along with the chatter of passersby.

    A smile found its way on his lips as he chuckled to himself, "At least this life is quiet now and then." he said. Suddenly, Father Garcia entered the stage and behind the podium, along with a bible and a few notes with him for the congregation. "Yes I can agree with you on that hijo, but when that call to action comes in, you and I both know, that the simplicity, ends there." He raised a brow as the smile on John's face disappeared. Noticing this, Garcia decided on a compromise, "But, for the time being, we can enjoy this luxury while it lasts, understand?"

    John felt that burden lift off of him. "Understood," John replied as he folded the chair he was sitting on and placed it inside the staff room. He walked back towards the entrance of the church and opened up the front doors to let the congregation enter the church. John greeted each and every person that walked through the door, after that, he placed two doorstoppers at the bottom of each door which would normally signal to any passerby that everyone was welcome, no matter who they were.  The day continued like normal, there wasn't any trouble regarding the congregation or the visitors who came inside to listen to Father Garcia.

    In the middle of the service, John saw a few people taking out their money in which Father Garcia had to tell them that the church wasn't excepting donations since the bills were being paid out of John's and Father Garcia's pockets, but in truth that was a lie since after the Unspeakable, the Vatican church exempted Saint Tyler's Church from having to pay, in which the Vatican would cover all expenses as compensation for John and Garcia's efforts in stopping the Unspeakable. This was a good thing for the church as people wouldn't have to feel obligated to put money into the basket and it eliminated that feeling of guilt for not having donated to the church.

    The Thursday service ended with no problems. After everybody left John kept the doors open to the church for a few more minutes in case anybody wanted to pray for a little while longer. Whilst John was talking to one of the visitors a person in black formal clothing with a black capello entered through the church's doors. All thoughts going through John's mind halted to a stop as he immediately knew who this person was. He bid farewell to the visitor he was talking to and went to find Father Garcia.

    Once he did, John notified him of the sudden appearance of this mysterious figure. "Father, someone from the Vatican is here to see you," he said with a hint of worry. Garcia's expression hardened as he looked towards where the unannounced visitor was, in which this person sat at the front of the left pew, waiting for the both of them. "Close the doors once everyone is out." John silently agreed as he waited at the front of the church entrance until everyone besides Garcia, the Vatican member, and himself, was all that was left within the walls of the church.

    Once John closed the doors, he went over to where Father Garcia and the Vatican member were talking to eavesdrop. However once John got over there, the conversation was already over as the person from the Vatican turned around and left through the entrance of the church. "What'd he say?" John asked intently. John noticed Father Garcia's tense expression as he crossed his arms waiting for what would come out of his mouth. "The Vatican has arranged for us to go to Japan. Apparently, the mission their giving us this time, requires us to collaborate with an organization called the 'Demon Slayer Corp.'

    John raised an eyebrow at the name of the organization they were going to be working with. "The Demon Slayer Corp? I've never heard of them." John said as he sat down in a pew, Father Garcia sighed as he continued his explanation. "The Demon Slayers or the Demon Slayer Corp serves under a family named Ubuyashiki, who requested the help of the Vatican in hunting down 'demons." Garcia held a slight pause before continuing.

    "In Japanese, the word 'demon.' is translated as Oni. From the way the Vatican described the demons in Japan, was that they were more similar to vampires than the demons that we know." Garcia finished. He looked at John to see a confused expression. "So you're saying that the demons that we'll be hunting down are not like the ones we've dealt with before, but are more like fantasy like vampires from literature?" John asked, to which Garcia nodded. "The mission the Vatican is assigning us is something we've never done before. But they've placed it as our priority as of now. So pack your things, we leave at nightfall."

So it was, the peace that lasted for a few years has now ended, and both John and Father Garcia are now entering into a new realm of work.