Part I - Time to Go!

Published: July 3, 2023
Words: 1206
_______
{Nobody's PoV}

"EVERYONE GET UP, WE'VE GOT R.E.MS COMING IN!" Blaza yelled from outside the tents, popping in to grab his machine gun, it was covered in stickers and bright-coloured paint. Nobody knows where he got the paint but they didn't want to ask.

"This early in the morning...? It's barely dawn.." A sleepy Nadwe said while grabbing his handguns off his side table, everyone else following and grabbing their weapons.

They all got outside and saw something horrific, it was an ocean of R.E.Ms. Joocie smiled and pulled on his headphones before stabbing a robot coming from behind Blaza who was laughing manically while shooting R.E.Ms, they didn't know what he was listening to, but no one really wanted to find out.

Everyone else set off and started working on the various machines and animals, avoiding the black venom coming from the animal's corpses.

Recently, the R.E.Ms have been more aggressive, having more direct attacks and more robots and animals to send at them.

It took a solid 25 minutes to clear them all out, before they looked on at all of the venom and blood surrounding the area.

Most people went back in the tents to catch up on some sleep, some stayed outside and talked for a while. Tbh and Nadwe were left as the only ones inside tent 3.

"Tbh..?"

"Huh..? Oh, hey Nad, what's up?" Tbh said while walking over to Nadwe and sitting on his bed.

"I just want this to end.. I want to go back home..." Nadwe mumbled before wrapping his arms around his knees and burying his head in his arms. Tbh could hear the faint sound of crying from Nadwe.

"I know, Nad.. I want to go home too.. but we have to stay strong, okay? You're doing great."

"Oh.. that reminds me... I found something." Nadwe said while handing Tbh his computer and clicking a few tabs before showing him a article from Polus.

Tbh quickly read over it, it had all sorts of information on the venom, but it was all corrupted and he could only see parts of it, mabye there was some way to restore the file?

"Heh.. good job little guy. Do you think there's any way to restore the file?"

"Hm.. mabye, my sister, Mirana, owned Mira HQ, mabye I could find her information and get full access to the files..." Nadwe mumbled, thinking out loud.

Tbh wanted to say something along the lines of 'Why didn't you say that earlier' but he was still a kid, he would feel bad scolding him.

Meme popped his head in the tent, smiling when he saw Tbh sitting with Nadwe. "Hey, any of you guys got injured?"

"No.. I'm okay. Thanks for asking Meme!" Nadwe said, looking back at him while shutting his computer.

"Mhm, what about you, Tb?"

"I got cut on my hands, but that's it."

"Alright, come with me, I'll bandage you up."

Tbh hopped of Nadwe's bed and waved goodbye as he followed Meme to the medbay tent. He sat down and waited for Meme to finish rummaging around his drawer.

"This'll sting a bit, just close your eyes."

"I'm not a kid, Meme. I can handle stinging."

"I've seen Blaza tear up from this, you sure?"

"Yep."

Meme began disinfecting Tbh's cuts, Tbh pretending not to tear up when he felt the sharp stinging in the cuts. Meme scribbled something down in his notebook, 'ԵbհհօղeՏԵ - LɑϲeɾɑԵíօղ օղ հɑղժՏ' Tbh was confused on how anyone understood his handwriting.

"Okay, you're good to go."

"Thanks, Meme."

"No problem. See you around."

He stepped out of the tent and saw people sitting on chairs around an unlit fire, as it was now well into the morning. Tbh took a seat next to Blaza and listened to the conversation.

"We need to figure out what's happening, why are the R.E.Ms getting more aggressive?" Ally said while untying her hair.

Everyone started talking, that evolving into arguments, that turning into fighting. "G-Guys we can work this ou-" Nadwe stuttered, trying to keep everyone from doing this. Joocie cleared his throat and everyone stopped talking, "You all need to sit back down. We can figure out what to do when Meme and Laff get out of medbay."

Nobody argued with him, it wasn't smart to pick a fight with someone who can't die. Meme and Laff walked out of the medbay tent and sat down on their chairs, Woolf speaking up. "We've been getting nowhere with this damn virus. We need to go to the spacecraft crash sites to figure out more. Specifically, Polus."

"That's a good idea, but do you know where the crash sites are?" Ally added, taking off her jacket and hanging it on her chair. Nadwe spoke up, still being quiet, "A-Actually.. yeah. I logged into Mirana's account, and I found the crash sites in an official document."

"Well, shit. Looks like we've got ourselves a goal. Only took 6 months." Dino said sarcastically as he crossed his arms across his chest. " 'Aright, we should make groups for travelling, one group should go to Polus, one should go to 'He Airship." Laff said, stepping up from behind Joocie and Nadwe.

After a while of discussion and debate, the group decided the teams and wrote them down.

Group 1 - The Airship - X735
Laff
Ally
Woolf
Dino
Joocie

Group 2 - Polus - X134
Blaza
Tbh
Meme
Nadwe
Muffin

"Are we settled on 'his?" Laff said while reading over the lists one last time. Everyone nodded and listened carefully for the next steps. "Okay, we'll pack up at dawn and set off at noon, both teams will travel together for 2 days before setting off to the locations."

Again, nobody spoke. Only nodding their heads in agreement, the air was tense. Nobody wanted to leave each other, but to achieve any further knowledge, we had to do this.

"You all are dismissed, have a good rest." Laff said while placing the maps back in the medbay tent. Everyone else went off in their separate directions, some going to tents, some going into nearby buildings to search, some going into the forest.

Tbh, Blaza and Meme were left alone by the now lit fire, smoke gently rising from the flames. "What do you two think about this new mission..?" Meme mumbled as he looked up at the sky. Tbh looked at the flames and stayed quiet as Blaza replied, "I think it'll be good for the group, they were starting to go feral without anything to do but fighting.. mabye I'm just speaking for myself."

Blaza laughed and looked at Tbh, as if to ask him what he thought about the situation. "I don't really know how I feel about it, we've all been together for so long.. it feels weird knowing we have to part ways." he said while still looking down into the burning wood.

Tbh stood up and extinguished the fire before heading inside his tent, Blaza and Meme soon going to theirs.

The night was calm and peaceful, everyone got a mediocre sleep, but their dreams were tainted by the worries and anxiety of what was to come the next day.
_______
Epik