Remember...Cyn?

X landed by the old mansion, he was deathly afraid of going back but he just had to. What if Cyn was here?
Cyn would love to see him, even if she did hurt him.

He nervously made his way to the front door, ignoring the caws from the crows, and opened it.
This was not what he expected at all.
The room walls that were beautifully dark maroon were now dirty and covered with oil stains. Fresh and old. It was dark, but light enough to where he could see where he was going next.
To Cyn's room.

He wanted to have things to remember Cyn by, or maybe she's there? Lonely and scared?
But what if she doesn't remember him at all? He was a Serial Designation Drone now, Serial Designation X was a scary name for a shy drone like himself.

He went slowly upstairs, the stairs creaked as he went up. As he stood on the second floor, he made his way to Cyn's room. Remembering the path, left, then right, then straight.
He remembered he would go to her room to play with her, as her big brother, N, would be too busy to do so sometimes.

X stood in front of the room, he was still anxious and nervous but he entered anyway.

...

What happened here?
There were drawings of these signs, Absolute Solver...? And the Disassembly Drones...who did this? Was it Tessa? Tessa would know about us but the Absolute Solver...it's...
Its Cyn's drawings.

He recognized those anywhere.
How does Cyn know about our transformation?
"Cyn?" X wanted to call out but something interrupted him.
A robotic claw grabbed his waist and pinned him into a wall, he struggled to get out, trying to unsheathe his swords but his hands were also pinned.

"Let me go!" He yelled, not wanting any trouble at all but as soon as he looked up...
He saw her.
"Annoyed expression. Who are you?! What are you doing here?!" A robotic eye glared at him.
X knew exactly who that was.

Was THAT Cyn? She doesn't look like that.
She was supposed to have white hair, a maiden dress with a white apron along with black bows in her hair and dress. She has the most kindest light, yellow eyes.
What happened?

"Frustrated and tired look. Answer me or perish!" Cyn yelled at him.
X hated being yelled at, but he continued, "C-Cyn? Don't you remember me?"
"Glare. I tried to forget my happy memories, and when I'm looking at you, I don't see anything but a stupid Disassembly Drone!" She yelled again, he was scared but kept calm.

"I'm X...d-don't you remember, Cyn? My voice? M-My...my broken eye?" He explained, she looked at him suspiciously, but then her gaze softened.
"No!" She yelled again. "Angry expression! You are not X, why would he come back for me after I hurt him! Even if you are X, use your stupid tail to escape me!" She scowled, X shook with fear. Cyn is not herself.

His only eye placed a tear but he shook it away. With shakiness in his voice, he mumbled, "I wouldn't run from you Cyn. A—And you know...I h-hate being yelled at..."

Her expression changed quickly, "Surprised and confused look, I knew that!" She let go of him and he dropped to the floor. X hugged himself with his wings, still in shock. "Sorry. Worried expression. Don't leave again..."
"I-I won't leave..." He looked up at her. "I just wanted to see you again..."
The robotic eye casted a sad look.

"What happened to you? Did you put your consciousness in a robotic eye?" X pondered, Cyn shook her head.
"Shake head, no. Do you want to see me, questioned look?"
"Yeah...I wanna see you again." He smiled.
"Nod nod. Okay." She slid into the shadows, it was a little wait, hearing gears and struggling but she came back.
"Walk, shuffle."

Her pale, yellow eyes looked back at him, her wobbly legs and tilted head...
Even if she got taller, she was still the same Cyn. Just a whole different personality.

"C-Cyn, you're beautiful."
"Sad expression. I'm sorry...I hurt you." Her eyes displayed tears. She sat down as she couldn't stand for long as her legs wobbled. "Sniffle, sniffle."

"No, no...Cyn it's okay." He got up and sat down next to her. "I know you didn't mean for all of this to happen. I'm here, okay?" He wrapped one of his wings around her, she smiled with her tears. But that smile faded quickly.
"I hurt N, I hurt V, I hurt everyone."
"I'm sorry...it's going to be okay." X held Cyn's hand gently, he wondered how to cheer her up.
Then he knew.
"Do you want to dance? Just like the old times?" He asked her. Cyn's face lit up.

She used her hand to hold her head in a nodding motion, "Nod, yes." She smiled. He smiled as well and helped her get on her feet, making sure her legs were in a stable position to start moving.
X looked around for the radio player, as he found and made my way to it, he realized it was still in good condition.
The record player was laying next to it, unharmed. Serial Designation X placed the record player on the radio and let it play itself.

Cyn went up to him and tried to grab for his hand but failed, but X grabbed hers along with her waist and started to sway with her back and forth.
They danced, she laid her head on his chest, remembering his heartbeat and everything.
"I missed you, X." She mumbled.
"I missed you too, Cyn." He smiled, wrapping his hand around her while his other hand still took her hand.

If there is one thing X missed, it was Cyn. Her old self may be gone but she's still here. Besides, Cyn never even meant to hurt him. Though he does wonder what happened to N, V, J, and Tessa that made them turn them into Disassembly Drones along with X.
She couldn't have hurt anyone right?
If she did, it wasn't her, she can't control herself.

"Live in the moment." He thought to himself. Cyn's here, focus on that. You may never know what will happen next.

Maybe he'll ask about the others, why they changed so much and lost memories. Why they seem like they're controlled. And why does Uzi worry so much about our programming...or not ask that. She doesn't know Uzi yet.

Serial Designation X embraced Cyn in his arms.

"I love you, Cyn."

It took a while for her response, but soon, a small mumble came outta her.

"I love you too, X. Smiles."

———

Reference picture!