𝐭 𝐰 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐲 - 𝐧 𝐢 𝐧 𝐞: 𝙿𝚁𝙾𝚃𝙴𝙲𝚃

╰┈ [PROTECT]

┏━━━                           ━━━┓
Spoilers:
Season 1, Episode 8
[Major Spoilers]
Electric Love by BORNS playing...
II
┗━━━                            ━━━┛

"Y/N... REMEMBER WHEN I ALMOST BURNED THE HOUSE DOWN?" The words pierced through the chaotic cacophony, cutting through the screams and gunshots that filled the air.

The crowd trembles, frozen in terror as the gunman laughs maniacally, waving his hand with the gun around the crowd that continues screaming over the gunshots he's aiming at random people, "Well, good news! It won't happen anymore!" He giggles. His eyes, gleaming with madness, scanned the sea of bodies, relishing in the power he held over life and death.

Waving the gun shamelessly and carelessly, a deadly extension of his twisted psyche. With each careless gesture, he triggers it, hitting a beach member or two, laughing at them as if he were playing a game that aims at ducks as targets, feeling the fulfillment and the distinguishing anger that has been bubbling in his chest since a while ago be poured out onto the rifle he treats as a toy.

The echoes of their cries mixed with his maniacal laughter, a haunting symphony of pain and twisted pleasure. The scene unfolded like a macabre carnival, with the gunman treating his victims as nothing more than targets in a sick game.

It made you cross your brows, worried for him. He's lost. In the midst of the chaos, your eyes are locked with the gunman. His laughter faltered for a moment, confusion flickering in his gaze.

Does he even recognize you in the crowd of bodies and running people? – You doubt it but looking at the pathetic man who continues to wail your name so loudly makes you think otherwise. You should've felt fear, but even your body refused to believe you feared the gunman. You saw a pathetic opportunity, a chance to change the course of this deadly dance – to save the people who are still alive.

But as the gunman's attention shifted, to Arisu, his expression mixed with anger and desperation and Arisu snapped his head at you,

"That's who you saved, Y/N. D-Do you see what he's doing?!"

You grit your teeth, refusing to meet the raven-haired's eyes as you observe Niragi's deformed body with half his sleeves covering half his wide bloodshot eyes, "You seem to forget he's human..." You mumble with the crowd screaming muffling your voice but Arisu, amidst the chaos, heard your quiet words.

He clenched his jaw and pulled you towards him as he gets into a safe place where the fire hasn't been spreading yet, away from Niragi's perspective. The flames of the surrounding chaos danced ominously, flickering shadows across his face as he pleaded with you,

"Y/N... Whatever happened with you, Niragi, and Chishiya... is all past you. What he's doing now –" Arisu points at Niragi, "He's not your Niragi. Not anymore. He's killing people! He's gonna kill us!"

You shake your head, you locked eyes with Arisu, a defiant fire burning within your own as you harshly take your arm away from Arisu, "Arisu... I came back to Tokyo to help them. I'm gonna fulfill that goal..."