Dancing

They just left the crime scene and Ipek was still shaken by it. Sahin noticed it and stopped next to a park on the way back. He got out of the car and then opened the door for her. He reached for her hand and helped her out. He gently led her toward a bench. When she sat down he went and bought tea for them. Ipek just sat there, her head bowed down with tears on her face. Sahin put his finger above her chin and made her look at him. "Don't hide it from me." he asked. "Walk with me, it helps" said, and held his hand out for her. Ipek accepted it and let Sahin pull her up, but then he did not let go of it, so they walked hand in hand. They heard music coming from somewhere near. As they followed the sound they found themselves at a clearing where some couples were dancing. They stood and watched them. Sahin pulled Ipek closer which she didn't mind. They both felt the tension between them, although none of them did anything about it. Sahin remembered the day when he entered their office and found her dancing there alone. He wanted to dance with her from that moment. "Come, dance with me," he asked. Ipek looked around nervously, but followed him to the other couples. He put one hand on her back, and pulled her close, he put her hand to his chest and kept it there. They were slowly swaying, and twirling  to the music. His eyes looked deeply in hers. He swallowed and closed his eyes for a moment. Ipek felt the blush was coming so she tried to hide it by pressing her face to his. She felt his fingers caressing the back of her hand. She looked up again and immediately got lost in his eyes. He was so close. The music changed, but none of them wanted to stop. She felt safe in his strong arms, the pictures from the scene momentarily were cleared from her mind. She noticed that his eyes kept wandering to her lips. She felt butterflies in her stomach, and involuntarily angeled her face towards him. He was so close, too close... She felt his hand pushing her body closer to his, she felt his breath caressing her face... she closed her eyes and slightly parted her lips. Sahin took that as a permission and kissed her. It was slow and gentle, but promised passion and fire for later. Ipek heard him sigh as their lips finally parted.