So loud...

Alhaitham sighed in irritation as he threw on his coat on the way out the front door. Another night he had to pick his alcoholic friend up from the tavern.

"Kaveh is too drunk to go home alone," said the man working, "I'm afraid he'll get lost or end up sleeping on the sidewalk if he goes alone."

The scribe scoffed as he recounted the tavern owner's words.

"So be it," he thought, "One less thing I'll have to worry about at 11pm."

It was no secret, he was tired of Kaveh's constant drinking and all the antics he was dragged into because of it. That never stopped him from picking up his grossly inebriated roommate from the tavern any time he was called, however reluctant he was.

Alhaitham walked into the tavern without a word (or even an expression other than unamused) and made a beeline directly toward Kaveh's usual drinking spot. There he was, as expected, head down on the table atop his crossed arms. The soberer of the two placed a hand on the latter's shoulder, sighing as he addressed the working bartender, "What's on his tab?"

"Ah, 7000 mora," the man marked off a sheet of paper, to which Alhaitham only responded by dropping a hefty bag of coins on the counter before him.

Having paid-- once again-- for Kaveh's debts, the silver-haired man shook his debtor's shoulder to wake him for at least long enough to get him on his back. "Alright, you've had your fun. Time to go home."

The plastered architect shook his head, a reluctant groan muffled by his arms under his head. He turned his head to look at his friend, grinning smugly when he got a good look at him. Kaveh's face was flushed pink and his words slurred together as he spoke, "Who is this handsome man who came to rescue me?"

"Get up," Alhaitham ordered, indifferently, not even really commanding him or anything of the sort, just tired of Kaveh's shit. "I want to go home."

Kaveh groaned and sat up, pressing his face into his chauffeur's abdomen, soft cheek against tougher stomach. He hummed in satisfaction as he nuzzled the stomach, hands planted on Alhaitham's hips. The taller of the two sighed, not giving much else of a reaction other than that. He struggled to pry the architect's face from his abdomen before quickly pulling him up onto his legs.

"Lean on me. Catch your balance first," he mumbled, "Then you can climb on my back, because I sure as hell don't trust you walking all the way home after drinking that much."

"Oh shut uppp.... you know.. I can hold.. my liquor," Kaveh stumbled over his words, "and I also wanna hold.. hmmm..."

Alhaitham furrowed his eyebrows as he waited for the blond to finish his sentence, but was ultimately disappointed when there was no conclusion. He wasn't sure what he expected anyway, but he was curious. Dissatisfied, he only scoffed and shook his head, turning around and kneeling so Kaveh could get on his back. The flushed man complied, slumping over onto his friend's back, and then they were off.

Kaveh stayed mostly asleep the whole way home, basically adding a bunch of dead weight to his roommate's back, but at least it meant he couldn't make a scene or do that weird thing he always did when he was drunk. Err, well, that's what he thought.

"Alhaitham you're so handsome.." he mumbled, nuzzling his face into the man's shoulder, "I could be a really good housewife, you know.. I'm good at dishes and.... hm.. Okay maybe not. You should still marry me though."

"Quit spewing nonsense," the scribe sighed, attempting to cope with his senior's drunken advances, "You are way too drunk. Be quiet."

"Whyyy...? Don't you like me?"