Chapter 6 - White River Forest

(*River noises*)

.

(WHY DO I HEAR A RIVER?!)

.

(*River noises*)

.

(ANSWER ME NOW!)

.

(*River noises*)---

(Bro. Get help if you watch that whole thing)

.

(*River noises*)

(BRO!)

Felicia

Colin and I decided to go to my home in White River. My scaly head is splitting the wind as it hangs out the window. I decided to change back into a dragon when we left most traces of civilization.

"So how deep in the forest do you live," Colin has been asking me some more questions throughout the drive.

"About 30 miles," I think back to how long it took for me to reach the forest edge.

I chuckle as I hear Colin groan, "Not one for walking are you?"

"Never have been. Killer on my legs."

I then focus back on the mountains in the distance. I remember to when I came back to Colin's weakened state. Remembering what he said I turned to him.

"Hey Colin?" I try to sound as calm as possible even though the question has been eating me up.

His gaze stays on the road, "Yea, Felecia?"

I look down for a moment then back to him, "Might I ask about your families history?"

His focus temporarily falters. Guess this wasn't top of his list in questions I'd ask.

He still gives me a brief introduction, "My grandpa served in WWII but as you heard earlier he died of old age a few years back. I don't know much about what my grandma did in life, she's still alive and lives down in Arkansas. My dad works for the airlines as a plane mechanic, mostly works afternoons. My mom has a small job of dogsitting. I don't know what my sister has been up to lately."

The second last person caught me by surprise, "Wait Colin. Didn't you say your mom died."

"My biological mom did, when I was 4," He turns to look at me, seeing my sorry face he adds in, "Don't worry. I got over it ages ago. And my dad remarried when I was 9. Oh and my brother was slightly older than me. Before the whole war thing." 

He stares in into the distance, his smile faded, "Me and him were best friends, always had each others backs."

Knowing I'm bringing back some memories I don't push further. I look ahead and see that were almost at the tree line. Eventually reaching a trail carved through the dense forest.

"Oh uh, Felicia," Colin tenses up, "Uh your parents won't... you know... kill me. Right?"

I half expected a nervous question like this. But I eased his worry with a chuckle, "Don't worry they live a lot further west. In California is what you humans called the area."