Memory of a Moment - Part 1 (Edited)

This is the first part of a comedy Hazbin Hotel three-part oneshot, involving Charlie ... and Alastor, to an extent. This is based on an idea I had about Alastor's past, and how Charlie might reach what positive human emotions he might have left ... behind his constant smile. I hope that you guys like it! 👍

—————

In the front hall of Hazbin Hotel, in the morning (after the pilot) ...

"Okay!" Charlie said brightly, clapping her hands together once. "First official staff meeting of the Hazbin Hotel is now in session!" she continued, beaming at the demons in front of her.

It was the morning after Sir Pentious's attack, and Charlie had decided to quickly call everyone together in the main hall for an important announcement!

Some of the aftermentioned staff came along more eagerly (Nifty) than others (Husk), some were just curious (Alastor), and the rest ...

"Err, technically I'm not staff!" Angel Dust announced loudly, interrupting Charlie pointedly. The disgruntled spider demon was slouched in his place on the nearby couch, all of his arms folded in disgust at being woken up EARLY in the morning!

"Why do I have to be here?!" he complained. The whining Angel Dust then promptly flinched back as Vaggie's angelic spear swiftly impaled the table before him.

"You're HERE if you want any FREE breakfast!" growled the moody moth demon, who sitting next to the spider one. Angel instantly grinned at the prospect of free food.

"Oh yeah! I remember now!" he said cheerfully. Vaggie's tired eyes quickly turned red with rage!

"I'll give you something to reme—"

"Simmer down, Vaggie, please", Charlie said quickly, sending a pleading look at her best friend. The moth demon sighed deeply as she nodded and removed her spear from the table.

Vaggie's eyes also turned back to their normal colour as she went back to listening to Charlie.

The aforementioned princess smiled as she looked around the hall. Vaggie and Angel Dust were on the couch, Husk in his usual spot at the bar, and Nifty sitting on top of said bar.

Alastor was leaning against the wall directly to Charlie's right. The Radio Demon seemed to be occupied in cleaning invisible dust off his microphone staff, but the blonde girl knew that he was listening intently.

"Now ... as I was just going to say, we next need to look at our hotel furnishings. If we're going to open this hotel, we'll need to fix the decor in here first", Charlie continued, gesturing to the hotel around her.

She smiled wryly, and also apologetically.

"It's been a few decades since this place had anyone in it ... and we can't have people criticising the decor!" Nifty's eye widened as she nodded enthusiastically at the blonde hotel manager's words.

"She's right! The princess is absolutely right! I've only just cleaned the bottom floor, and everything was really manky!" the cyclops demon said, sincerely smiling at Charlie.

The aforementioned girl smiled back, in contrast to Angel and Vaggie's rolled eyes, Husk's indifference ... and Alastor's silent approval.

"Thanks, Nifty!" Charlie replied, and then cleared her throat. "Since this will be a team effort, I'm very happy to accept any decor suggestions you might have?" she suggested. "Any ideas, anyone?"

Surprisingly, one of Angel's hands shot up instantly ... followed by one of Nifty's. None of the others' hands were raised though.

"Ooo, pick me!" the spider demon said, grinning. "I have some awesome ideas!" Charlie's eyes lit up, and she nodded expectantly. Vaggie narrowed her eyes suspiciously.