8

Minho's POV

I tried to take it off from his hand, but it was too strong. But then suddenly Seungmin came running and cut it off with a knife immediately as Hyunjin fell on the floor, holding his wrist tightly.

"Shit.. That hurt.." he frowned in pain. "Sure it did. You careless dipshit. Why did you run away all by yourself?" Seungmin scolded as Hyunjin stood up. "I.. I went to him," he replied, looking at me. "And i'm glad i did, he was seconds away from death." he looked at Seungmin and said.

"Where's changbin? And others?" he asked, being concerned. "Damn. I wonder too. They're panicking too hard and cant stay still in one place. God.." Seungmin looked at how the students were being caught by the tree branches, some were dead on spot, some were managing to escape. It was a total mess.

"Let's go find a safe place." he suggested as we nodded. Hyunjin just took my hand and went with him. I was still kind of processing the whole situation. My mind went completely blank at that moment.
"Let us just go out of the school, shall we?" Seungmin suggested again, while running onto Changbin.

"HEY KIM SEUNGMIN YOU LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT WHERE WERE YOU?"

"DONT FUCKING SCREAM GOSH,"

"ITS NOT LIKE THE TREES WILL HEA-"

"guys. it's. not. the. time of yelling at. each. other." I said, stopping them immediately. They went all silent, looking at me, with a concerning face.

"I don't.. See Yeonjun and Felix. Do you think they're.. s-safe?" I asked them with a shaky voice, even though i knew they didn't know if they were safe out there. "GUYS I DONT.. I DONT FIND TAEHYUN HELP?" beomgyu startled us coming to us running.

"We're.. Not finding people either."

"Crap.. What the fuck is even happening? How did this all happen- how the fuck are the trees supposed to mov-"
We saw another death in front of our eyes. It was one of the teachers this time. It was.. Horrifying. Tragic. Scary. Bloody and all. Blood splashed over the place as the tree branch sucked all the blood.

"Shit.."

"We gotta go." Hyunjin held my hand tighty as we hurriedly ran away from the place and found an empty classroom. We rushed in it and Beomgyu closed the door immediately.

"That's completely useless, you idiot. We're not in a zombie apocalypse." Seungmin stated as Beomgyu sighed and sat on the floor, leaning against the door. "Atleast the place is quiet.. Shut the windows down.. I guess?" he sounded pretty scared and all. In fact, we all were.

"There's no point."

"I dont want to hear the people scream for their lives."

Me neither. I was more than horrified and regretful that i couldn't.. help other people. That was the moment when i realized..
Just how much of a weak person i was.

Very weak.

Both mentally and physically.

"God.." Beomgyu got up and shut the windows himself since no one was daring to do so. He then again, went back to his place. Changbin went to the window to check the things outside and obviously, it scared the fuck out of him.

"Shit. I can't see this shit anymore. Tell me this is all a fucking nightmare, no?" he asked seungmin as he shook his head.
"A tree apocalypse, i suppose."

"WHY ARE YALL SO CALM? THERES.. THERES LITERALLY NOTHING WE CAN DO AND JUST PROBABLY DIE HERE." he yelled at us.

"shut up," Beomgyu spoke up with a shaky, deep voice. "We can go out of the school building and we're dead either way. This thing.. Probably killing people outside, too. So i guess, we just need to stay away from it, dont you think, Changbin? Stop screaming." he spoke. He wasn't wrong, he had a point. If those trees actually were to murder people with its branches and stuff then it wasnt confined in our school. We supposed.

"It sucks blood though," Seungmin started then. "Why would a tree suck human blood? Biology isnt biologying at this point."

Suddenly a knock was heard on the door, no, a bang. Someone was knocking hard. We were all startled and beomgyu backed away immediately. "I didnt know trees could knock-"

"Dumbass." Seungmin cut Beomgyu off and opened the door. It was Taehyun, who came in almost immediately and closed the door as he breathed heavily.

"What in the..." he couldnt finish his sentence as Beomgyu hugged him very tightly to the point he'd choke.

"AH OKAY I GET IT IM ALIVE GOSH-" Taehyun said as beomgyu moved away. "I was worried- no need to yell at me, shithead-"

"Yeah and whatever. Has anyone figured out whatever the fuck it is?" he asked everyone. He didn't expect us to answer positively anyway, i guess.

"I.. Kind of did."

As soon as he said that, everyone's attention got drawn to him immediately. We looked at him for answer.

"What is it? What's causing it?" i asked, being impatient.

"I don't know if it should be described like this but, as they suck blood from humans, they're most likely wendigos."

Wendigo?

Wendigo.

Sounded pretty weird.

"Aren't wendigos supposed to not to be trees? Arent they like, monsters? AND DO THEY EVEN FUCKING EXIST?" seungmin asked, meanwhile we all were perplexed by the term 'wendigo'.

"Tree wendigos or.. Whatever."

"I dont get this shit, gosh." Hyunjin sighed heavily, frowning. "The fuck yall talking about? What even is that wendigo thing? Are you even sure this thing is called wendigo?"

"No."

"Then why."

"So uh. Wendigo is a mythical creature. They eat human flesh and blood. I've also heard somewhere that wendigos were once humans, but they were forced to eat human flesh and blood to survive. They then became supernatural creatures or monsters."

"Sounds like bullshit, to be honest." Changbin snapped. "As if some supernatural creatures would want to eat us out of nowhere, specially, in the forms of trees. THESE ARE FUCKING TREES, NOT MONSTERS."

Taehyun went silent at that.

After a moment, he looked at the window behind them, while everyone was still looking at Taehyun.

Taehyun's eyes went wide with fear.

"Guys... b-behind y-you."