Chapter 4

The next morning is, once again, spent taking the train to UA in silence, black face mask sat securely over Hana's face. She's half an hour later than she would like but the bruises along her ribs are a reminder of why that is. Asano was apparently on his way out and decided to leave her a "parting gift".

She steps off the train, oblivious to violet eyes like her own watching her, observing her, but never getting closer.

(He's still trying to figure out if he should approach her, if he has the courage to do so. He doesn't want to scare her away with his villainous quirk. Speaking can be so hard sometimes too and he doesn't know if she knows JSL or not, so it's not like hell be able to say anything anyway.)

When Hana finally steps up to the entrance gate, she's surprised at the crowd of reporters blocking the way, microphones and cameras being shoved in the faces of any student that pass their way.

She can feel her eye twitch slightly when she hears that all the questions are about All Might and his abilities as a 'teacher'. It's annoying in her opinion, just how unprofessional these people are being, just shouting out their questions and shoving each other to be the first to get an answer.

'This is why I'm going Underground, no way am I dealing with this on a regular basis.'

Steeling herself, she squares her shoulders and prepares to make her way through the crowd. The effect is instantaneous, her ears feel like they're ringing at the noise. She keeps her head down and eyes lowered, lightly trying to push past without hurting someone with her strength.

As questions about her status as a student and her opinion on All Might are echoing in her ears, a rough hand grabs the back of her collar, oddly reminiscent of the day before, and a familiar scent of burnt caramel enters her nose. Bakugo yells out threats and insults as he drags her along, the tell-tale pop-pop-popping of his quirk keeping the reporters at bay.

They make it through the gates eventually and Bakugo releases her immediately after, although not without a light slap to the back of her head. "Don't make me fucking save you next time dumbass. I'm not your bloody fucking guard dog," he growls at her. She turns amused amethysts towards him before he realises what he did. He simply scoffs and rolls his eyes before he starts walking to their classroom, Hana not far behind.

They walk silently together into class, chatter filling the room as the others discuss what happened outside with the overzealous reporters. The door opens as their tired-looking homeroom teacher steps into the classroom, an immediate quiet settling over them.

"3 seconds, better," he observes them with sharp black eyes, "today you'll be making a decision that will affect the rest of your time here at this school."

You would think time was frozen with how silent the class is, fearing another test like the one two days prior.

"You'll be electing a class president."

The words shatter the tense atmosphere as it's replaced by a buzzing excitement, almost every student clamoring for attention, wanting the role. Hana sits stoically in her desk before the volume gets too much and she releases a sharp whistle. The teenagers all freeze at the sound and look towards their typically quiet classmate. Her eyes are almost icy as she stares at them, "Calm down."

Despite it only being the second time any of them have heard her voice, the authoritative tone she uses is compelling and the rest of the class listens pretty much instantaneously.

Iida stands at his desk and proposes, "Perhaps we shall take it to a vote. Anyone who receives more than one vote obviously has the trust of their classmates and is fit for the position."