29. Maya is Back

___________💫

Reyansh- Adarsh have been doing their work for about 2 hours. Aradhya still didn't get to know any information except message of Shekhar after each passing hour, to remind her. Dhriti has left too as she had some work. Aradhya is pacing here and there in the room, sometimes thinking to call Shekhar but didn't do anything. She is worried. She does not want anything to happen to Maya.

Slowly 2 more hour passed away in worry only. Neither Reyansh came to give any information nor Aradhya went to ask anything.

" 55 minutes are left only."

Aradhya uttered worriedly after checking the time. Suddenly her phone rang and she picked it up, knowing the person very well.

" So what have you decided? Only a few minutes are left now."

He seems drunk by his voice. Ignoring him, she said after taking a few seconds pause.

" Yes..."

" What?"

" Forget this Mr. Chandravanshi. I won't ever work for you."

She replied fearlessly even though she is scared from inside. Shekhar laughed.

" Aap Sach mein apni maa ko bhool gayi hain. Aisa kya de diya Jamai-sa ne?"

( You literally have forgot your mother. What did Son-in-law even give you?)

She gritted her teeth as he mocked her.

" He is not your son-in-law."

He chuckled.

" Iss baat par ladne ka vaqt nahi hai Beta-ji. Aur haa, Jaise ki ab aapne apna faisla suna diya hain to...hamare faisle ka intezaar kariye."

( This is not the time to fight, daughter.  And yes, as you have given your verdict now...wait for our verdict.)

She gulped while he cut the call. She moved her eyes towards the clock. As the time is passing, her tolerance is also ending. She trust Reyansh so much but this is just too much. She is worried for her mother. She dropped down on bed and uttered with teary eyes.

" Kahan hain aap Reyansh..."

( Where are you Reyansh.)

As soon as she saw that only 5 minutes are left now. She flinched as her phone rang. This time its a video call from a doctor's number who has been taking care of Maya. She picked up the call and grabbed the mobile tightly with shivering hands.

Aradhya widen her eyes as she saw her mother lying on bed with white blanket covering her body, from head to toe. Her eyes turned teary and she covered her mouth with palm.

No one utter a word from other side. Perhaps, Mobile is set up in such a way that she can see her mother only.

" Mumma..."

She whispered. Nothing happened until her time got over and she flinched and her grip around phone loosened which fell down. She stare at the phone screen with horrified look. She just saw a blast and in a blink of eye, screen turned black.

She sat down on floor hurriedly and grabbed her phone.

" Mumma...."

She uttered little loudly while trying to tap something on her phone. She tried to call the same number but nothing happened.

" Mumma..."

She again uttered and sob left her mouth.
Her phone again rang and she picked it up.

" So how was that...."