Short story 1, ZHDD 3

Wolf, Mingwei, Baolun and I(Xiaoman) were going after 3 suspects. They were all illegal drug dealers, armed with guns. Hey! Stop running! Wolf shouted from behind the tree that he and I were hiding at. He spoiled my plan I told the team to hide behind the trees I alocated them until I gave them instructions. The 3 suspects were alerted. I stared at Wolf in anger. I smell your anger, Bony Shrew. He whispered. Mingwei and Baolun sniggered. I stared at them and signalled them to pay close attention to the suspects. Mingwei said through her earpiece that she saw where the suspects hiding at. They were hiding behind a tree near the place of their drug dealing took place. Dumb suspects. I said through my earpiece. Wolf and I ran quickly quietly behind the 3 suspects trying not to alert them. I put my finger on my lips trying to tell him to keep quiet. Wolf nodded. Then, Wolf shot one of the suspects with his laser gun. I did the same to the second one. The third one was shocked. But he still took out his gun from his jeans pocket and aimed it at Wolf. I seriously didn't know what came over to me, I was standing beside Wolf. Then, I blocked myself in front of Wolf with my back facing the armed suspect. The suspect shot me instead of Wolf. Bang! The gun fired. I felt an acute pain in my lower back then I fell to the ground. Ma'am! Baolun and Mingwei shouted and ran to my side. Xiaoman! Wolf exclaimed in horror as he ran beside me. I saw him took out his phone and called for an ambulance. My vision started blurring. Xiaoman, hang in there. The ambulance is on the way. Wolf says. That was the last sentence I heard before a pool of darkness started engulfing me. Xiaoman! Wolf screamed. Ma'am! Ma'am! Mingwei and Baolun yelled.
***
[At the hospital]
(Wolf's POV)
The doctor has not come out yet. Will Xiaoman be fine? Xiaoman nothing must happen to you please! I prayed. I told Mingwei and Baolun to look for the last suspect which had took the chance to flee after he shot Xiaoman. After what seemed like an eternity, the doctor finally walked out from the operating theatre. Doc, how is Xiaoman? I asked anxiously as I dashed over to the doctor. We have sucessfully removed the bullet, the bullet did not hit any vital areas so she's fine. The patient should be careful with her movements as we do not want her wound to gape, or get infected. She would be given some painkillers to stop the pain in the wound when necessary. The doctor replies. Ok, thanks doctor. I heaved a sigh of relief. The doctor smiled and walked away.
<End of short story 1, ZHDD 3>