001

TRIGGER  WARNING:   homophobia,  outings of someone's sexuality/gender,  and  su**ide

   dakota  had  always  been  so  full  of  life.   willing  to  do  whatever  it took  to  put  a  smile  on  some  else's  face.   none  of  that  changed  when they  got  outed  by  their  ex  as  non-binary  and  bisexual.   in  philadelphia,   that  didn't  really  matter.  it  was a big  city  and  it  was  full  of  people  who  shared  similar  stories  to  them.   yet  when  their  parents  moved  them  to  hawkins,  they  realized  they  wouldn't  get  the  same  treatment.
   so  they  did  everything  to  avoid  being  outed  once  again.   it  didn't   work  however.   their  secrets  still  got  exposed  in  a small town  full of  judgment.   they  had  no  one  similar  to  turn  to  this  time.   they  had  nothing  but  the  familiarity  of  being  called  countless  slurs  on  a  daily. 
   no  one  in  hawkins  understood  them.  no  one  was  willing  to  understand  them,   and  now  more  than  ever,   they  felt  alone.  completely  and  utterly  alone.  unfortunately  for  them,  their  was a  creep  lurking  on  the  loneliness  of  teenagers.   one  that  had  already  taken the  life  of a  cheerleader  and  one that  was  making  its  way  towards  dakota. 
   they  got  the  headaches,  the  visions  of  their  worst  fears  that  they  couldn't  escape,  and  the  appearance  of  a  cloud  of  dread  over  their  head.  the more  they  suffered  through  this,  the  more  they  realized  they  couldn't  let  this  tentacled  freak  kill  them.  
   so  they  took  it  into  their  own  hands.  they  had  it  all  planned  out;  they  were  going  to  take  vecnas  job  from  his  hands.   dakota  had  been  teetering  on  the  edge  of  ending  their  life  for  years,  since  they  first  got  outed,  really.   now  they  had  a  bigger  reason.   a  reason  that  they  thought  was  justified.  
   so  the  day  directly  after  chrissy's  death,   dakota  took  their  own  life.   they  took  their  life  and  the  people of  hawkins  blamed  eddie.  blamed  the  devil.   blamed  everything  but  their  own  judgment.   they  claimed  dakotas  life  was  ended  due  to  a  sacrifice.   so  dead  they  lay,   misunderstood  even in  their  death.